Model Cars Magazine Forum

acid tank trailer, corrosive tank trailer finished

Hello to all, from FRANCE

So, I just finished my trailer "acid Trailer U.S. ", began in late November, three months to research and design and all with virtually no dimensions for this model.

Now I will start building the truck, a Peterbilt 359 AMT, but a question what color for this truck, so that the whole is consistent ................

If you have any opinion I'm interested in the color of the truck

img_3627.jpg

img_3710.jpg

img_3711.jpg

img_3712.jpg

img_3713.jpg

img_3714.jpg

Very nice trailer, I am impressed! I've been following this build and am going to use it as a guide when I build my own corrosives trailer. As for tractor color, anything would work. This trailer is kind of 'industry standard' when it comes to the fleet white paint with the black bands. The way I understand it is that the black areas are there to help hide any evidence of spills which may occur when loading and unloading the trailer, chemical stains don't stand out on black as well as they would on white. The US railroad industry does the same thing on their light colored tank cars.

This would be a trailer that any owner-operator or company fleet truck of any color would pull although a tractor about the same shade as the blue lettering or maybe blue with white stripes would tie in nicely with the trailer.

Thats Incredible! just a beautiful piece.. will look great hooked up to that pete. I pull a polar trailer as well. its the same outside rib design as yours except we pull 6500 gallon tankers for landfill leachate and septic wastes. they look similar but are more of a pot belly style trailer. Anyways great job!

i tink the one with the 63" walk in sleeper would look great pulling that trailer !!! ;):D:D:D:D:rolleyes:

Agreed! Also, I like the black/blue over white paintjob on that one as well. When I saw the completed trailer, this is basically the tractor that I saw in my mind.

Edited by Wagoneer81