Model Cars Magazine Forum

1970 Challenger T/A

Bruno

Hey everyone! Just finished another Mopar, I started it a few months ago, I built this one for a community project on another board, the theme is "pink", and I always thought the best car for pink color is a '70 Challenger T/A, so that's what I built. It's the old Monogram kit, with the kit stripes decals (which were still good after 28 years sitting in the box...), added some parts from the Revell 'Cuda AAR kit (firewall, wiper motor, heater hoses, some decals) I also opened the hood scoop, used aftermarket tire decals, PE hood pins, BMF... I made the "340 six pack" air cleaner decal myself. The paint is automotive waterborne basecoat, with 2 part urethane clear, and the color is FM3 panther pink.

2ccbfbc35f.jpg

164ea31291.jpg

5c21672720.jpg

69c9305a14.jpg

4c98b07fb2.jpg

ae4da4ff52.jpg

eb9aae11e7.jpg

ffb4b57025.jpg

:lol:

this really is a car you cant go wrong with and the paint looks great on it

somehow mopar muscle is the only type of car you can paint in pink and still look mean

(i once saw a 360 duster in PP and it just looked menacing)

always felt that was the best color for the challenger and if they were to come out with that color on the new one i would look to get one... nice nice job on that challenger there...

the closest you can get is called "furious fuchsia" pink

furiousfuchsiachallengerrt-00.jpg

Another sweet clean build Bruno, and kudos to you for fixing the fender/valance panel lines! A often overlooked issue with Monogram's Challenger and Cuda kits.

Thanks everyone! :huh:

Another sweet clean build Bruno, and kudos to you for fixing the fender/valance panel lines! A often overlooked issue with Monogram's Challenger and Cuda kits.

Yes, I forgot to mention this, glad you noticed! And it's so easy to fix, just glue the nose part right at the beginning, add some putty, sand, prime and paint. The chassis is still easy to assemble after even with the nose glued on. I do the same with the AMT kits.

Really nice piece... Beautiful work! on one of Monogram's Classic Muscle Car kit of the early 80's (1983), got to love those Monogram Muscle car kits of back then: accurate, easy to assemble & great results when completed, as shown with your beauty.

Tres belle! ;)

But where did you get the tire decals from?

i would love to get a hold of a set of them

Got them on ebay. Can't remember the seller's name tho, just do a search in the model kit section for tire decals.

Color is great! I like the paintjob, you did and decals are very nice too. Great to see one original Challenger. Engine looks very good. That air cleaner is very good looking. Detailing is also very nice and I like the chassis work. Nice job on it! :lol:

• 9 months later...