Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT truck releases in limbo?

I was on another forum, and saw where the complaining about some issues with the spider wheels on the White Road Boss, may lead to AMT round2 to not release the Autocar A64 and the Diamond REO later this year. If that happens we can also kiss off any chances of ever seeing the White Western Star being rereleased. I have not seen any complaining on this forum, but this is a good warning to all of us to be careful what we say about model kits. We as truck modelers, are in an especially bad place, because we have such limited items available to us, and this shows the impact that can be felt from upsetting the companies.

I'm hoping they will reconsider their decision. I encourage everybody to contact them and ask them to proceed with the reissues.

I was on another forum, and saw where the complaining about some issues with the spider wheels on the White Road Boss, may lead to AMT round2 to not release the Autocar A64 and the Diamond REO later this year. If that happens we can also kiss off any chances of ever seeing the White Western Star being rereleased. I have not seen any complaining on this forum, but this is a good warning to all of us to be careful what we say about model kits. We as truck modelers, are in an especially bad place, because we have such limited items available to us, and this shows the impact that can be felt from upsetting the companies.

I'm hoping they will reconsider their decision. I encourage everybody to contact them and ask them to proceed with the reissues.

im with you doug , i think we need our fellow builders from down under to jump in as well. i think that north america and austrailia are probably the two biggest truck builders so if they see the need is there that might make them turn there heads.

if anybody knows the routes we need to take please inform.

dennis

I seriously doubt anyone from AMT is making product decisions soley based on complaints read on modelling forums. It's kind of silly to complain about part in a kit which was designed 25+ years ago, but there will always be whiners and people who like to complain, and the internet gives them a 'visible' voice. Sales are the ultimate determining factor, not some comments on a message board nor forum.

Besides, people can always e-mail John G directly at Round2 at any time. B)

I seriously doubt anyone from AMT is making product decisions soley based on complaints read on modelling forums. It's kind of silly to complain about part in a kit which was designed 25+ years ago, but there will always be whiners and people who like to complain, and the internet gives them a 'visible' voice. Sales are the ultimate determining factor, not some comments on a message board nor forum.

Besides, people can always e-mail John G directly at Round2 at any time. :D

can you post john g direct email link so we can please. thanks B)

There's people out there that, if you gave them a bar of gold, they would complain that it's too shiny!!!! BOO HOO! If they don't like a part in the kit, DON'T BUY IT!!!!!!! Stay in your corner and whine and the rest of us will enjoy not having to pay 150.00 for an old kit!

It's kind of silly to complain about part in a kit which was designed 25+ years ago,

25 years ago? The newest AMT truck kit was first issued over 32 years ago. I love the truck model hobby, but I don't get excited over the umpteenth reissue of these kits. My hopes are based on Italeri, Revell of Germany and what Moebius decides to offer.

Edited by chuckyr

???..Upsetting ROUND2??? :)

As already mention....Strongly doubt that a few whinners will disturbed future AMT tractor/trailer releases.

From what I hear a vast majority of truck Modelers (including me) are more then happy to get all those 70's Tractor IN

& Trailers kit under $30...Whinners should remember the Stratospheric prices asked on eBay, not so long ago for the KW K123, Freightliner DD, or RR Log trl, Fruehauf plated tanker trl. :D

Pretty sure Round2 received Tons of positive emails about all those great AMT Tractor/trailer reissues

My hats off to these guys for repopping these old kits. Lindberg for bringing the Dodge COE and trailers back and

Round 2 for the AMTs. Ebay prices were just nuts but its the old rule of supply and demand !! What has surpised me

is the quality of these reissues given the old molds. Obvious some good cleaning up was done to get the good quality

that we are seeing. I think the biggest issue today is getting younger people back into model building.I would think

that a survey of builders would show not too many young people building. Too much high tech stuff to occupy their

time. On another forum I am on relative to oval track, non Nascar racing we polled at around average 55 years old.

I remember as a kid when these AMT truck kits were hitting the shelves and the selection was big !! But then we all

built models as a hobby there wasnt all the computer games and Ipods and techno stuff to occupy our time. We had to

use imagination !! I think as long as the demand is there for these companies they will continue to repop, I hope.

And I have to give all those resin casters with their cottage industry a big pat on the back for being there and

also filling the void. It would be nice to have a complete listing of all those guys out there casting trucks and

parts.

Anyway guys if we keep building and keep buying I am sure production will be there !!

Rick

i know it was a modified re-issue bit wasn't the T600 issued sometime in the late 80's or early 90's? same with the moving van trailers modified into the NASCAR and Indy car haulers.

i'm very new to the world of model truck building and i'm very happy that Round2 is re-issueing these kits and for a very affordable price. i'm also looking forward to the Diamond Reo kit as i've never had that one and it's something that i do want now. i hadn't heard about the Autocar but that's another that i wouldn't mind having either.

even though i'm still very new to this as well, i've already developed a preference for AMT and ERTL kits over any others.

Dave I agree, I never really built Heavy Trucks, I was mostly into building Light duty trucks, mostly due to the cost of a big rig kit, But now with the lower prices I've purchased pretty well all of the reissues from AMT over the last or so, and I have to say from what I have already in my hands, I'm very pleased and am very grateful to Round 2 for their hard work.

Nick

Edit: I too have devoloped a preference for the AMT/ERTL/Round 2 trucks over the Revell/Monogram trucks.

Edited by Nick Winter

There's people out there that, if you gave them a bar of gold, they would complain that it's too shiny!!!! BOO HOO!

I don't know if I'm that type. Test me!

I'll take one too!!!

Edited by highway

i know it was a modified re-issue bit wasn't the T600 issued sometime in the late 80's or early 90's? same with the moving van trailers modified into the NASCAR and Indy car haulers.

The T-600A is around 25 years old since the the real truck is only 25 years old, the 1:1 T-600 came out in 1986 if I remember correctly. The kit is probably closer to the 20 year old range, since I think it came out around 1990.

As for the trailers, not really much was modified from the original moving vans, with the exception of the added racing parts.

I don't why some of you put up a stink about some truck kits.All truck kits have some little issue but its only plastic and it all can be modified.Someday there isn't going to be any of the classic trucks we all love to build.So the guys that complain should shut up and suck it up.Thats my 2 cents.

I second the motion of, if you don't like a wheel, or if a turbo is chromed or not, post it on the for trade page, don't buy another one! i know it won't go to waste, plenty of scale gear jammers on here to take it off your hands! You gotta remember, when these trucks were FIRST made, it was 70's technology. These are the same molds from 30, 40 years ago! That's why ou can go and buy 2 or 3 AMT trucks a t a time, for what a new Revell one cost. Enjoy what you have!

If those guys aren't happy with the spider wheels just get some after market ones and stop whining about it sure some kits might have some bad parts but that's life ###### happens just post the bad parts on one of the forums cause someone else will take them and harden the #### up LOL B)

Cheers Cossett

If those guys aren't happy with the spider wheels just get some after market ones and stop whining about it sure some kits might have some bad parts but that's life ###### happens just post the bad parts on one of the forums cause someone else will take them and harden the #### up LOL B)

Cheers Cossett

wow, well said cosset !!! :D:lol:B)

dennis

This is a false rumor. The early production kits of the Road Boss had an issue with the spoke section of the wheel. They are in the process of running replacement parts for the this.

This has absolutely no effect on any future kits. This was a production problem that was discovered after the kits were shipped and has no bearing on other AMT truck kits such as the Diamond Reo or White-Western Star.

Information: Straight from the source 10 minutes ago.

Tim

I just got this email from Round2. It should help clarify things.

Douglas,

The rumor about future kits being cancelled is simply not true. Nothing has been cancelled. We love the truck kits and they've been great selling items thanks to the dedicated truck modelers like yourself out there. We believe the Road Boss wheel problem can be rectified and will not jeopardize other kit releases that use the same wheels.

That said, we currently have no plans for an Autocar release; the Diamond Reo and Fruehauf Exterior Post Van are planned for this year.

Regards,

John Greczula

AMT / MPC / Polar Lights / Auto World

It looks like they love us as much as we love them. I will still use this as a warning to myself to be very careful about criticism of kits. One never knows what the fallout may be. This time it was false, but next time... More than that I'll use it as a reminder to wait for source information before expressing concerns.

To know that they plan on continuing the truck/trailer releases is most refreshing news indeed. I have been waiting for the Watkins refridgerated trailer to be re-released. If they plan to continue the march for re-issues, I stand a chance of seeing it return....very cool (no pun intended) indeed for Round2 to do so!