Model Cars Magazine Forum

'34 Ford Roadster Pickup

Chuck Most

What happens when you take a drastically reworked '78 Ford Couirer frame, some '46 Chevy front rollers, '41 Lincoln rear rollers, a modified '41 Lincoln V-12, a cut down Revell '34 Ford roadster body, a scratchbuilt bed, a Revell Kurtis Midget nose, and throw all those parts violently at your workbench and hose it all off in Krylon Olive Green? Funny you ask...

poop003-vi.jpg

poop004-vi.jpg

poop005-vi.jpg

poop006-vi.jpg

poop007-vi.jpg

Heck, I'm not even into rat rods and I like this beast! The MotoMeter is the perfect finishing touch. (So when are you going to start posting some of your creations on Motortopia??? ;) )

Yeah... Motortopia and dial-up don't seem to get along too well. :D I'm working on it, though!

Three thumbs up, Chuck!! I'm lovin' it.

looks good man hey do you have a steering box in that beast ? im doing cowl mounted steering and wanted to see pictures of your set up

Tyler - Here's a possibly helpful pic I took @ the Rolling Bones Hot Rod Shop 2010 winter garage party; it's the interior view of the steering gear in Richie Whalen's '32:

DSCN1232_edited-vi.jpg

I understand that a similar unit can be found in older sprint car models, or you can modify a 1/43 or 1/32 model's rear diff to resemble one