Model Cars Magazine Forum

Starting Cord COE.

spad007

A test fitting of the Cord COE with some cut up parts from two kits.

A saw is the best thing to happen to the Lindberg kit.>warning flammable .

It looks like a bunch of work but i hope to find a happy medium

between my drawing and what i can build.

i found some brass tube 3/32 X 3/16 (K&S #262) so i can stretch the frame as needed.

A front wheel drive COE ha ha!

The finely molded Cord engineunsure.gif is mostly there for an idea of what i am dealing with. Ha Ha!

. "What A piece of Poop," Slapping forehead," Gee's I could had a V-8!"

i think i might have a SBC i can shoe horn in and put the radiator in back,, fan facing the rear.."OR not." Col.Jack SG-1

CordTruck_01.jpg

CordTestFit_01.jpg

CordTestFit_02.jpg

CordTestFit_03.jpg

Edited by spad007

What pickup cab are you using?

BTW why not a supercharged Duesenberg straight-8 under the cab? Auburn/Cord/Duesenberg were all under the same roof (more or less. Art Anderson could certainly give you more information). That Duesenberg made 320hp on the street in 1932. A factory hot rod made 400hp. IMHO, a good engine for pulling all that truck with a car on the back.

Edited by LDO

LDO its a 37/8 ford pee cup

.As crappy as the cord engine is in this model kit .

The whole top of it is a super charger.

.The idea behind changing the engine is clearance so i don't have to make a great big dog house,

in the cab. maybe a corvair engine like the 810 cord replica. 8/tenths CORD

.This is not a grownup type model yet besides i don't have any of those alliterative engines.

And i need to build some thing to hold in my hand before i make a classic style with the fenders i drew.

i think i might still go for the closed wheel in back on this test model.

Bill Edman; YES! Me too. Here are some more shots.

CordTestFit_04.jpg

CordTestFit_05.jpg

CordTestFit_06.jpg

CordTestFit_07.jpg

Some Engine Shots yes i know its backward but even a SBC will run backward in this FWD COE.

i will have fun trying to run exhaust pipes for this i might run some cab stacks if i can make them .

funny thing as i plan the cab no one will see the power plant. maybe a clear dog house?

i might do the rocker covers in blue anodized like a Morroso cover.

a concept car.

CordTestFit_11.jpg

CordTestFit_10.jpg

CordTestFit_09.jpg

CordTestFit_08.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Ok i started the putty and sand putty and sand part of build and i narrowed the seat & floorboard and cut up the dash from both kits

i kind of have to lay it out to see for my self how i am doing.

so i took some shots too to show here.... man this is a bunch of work.

CordTestFit_12.jpg

CordTestFit_13.jpg

CordTestFit_14.jpg

CordTestFit_15.jpg

COE's aren't my cup of tea, but this one has my attention :) . ( I have had the misfortune to buy and build the Lindberg Cord). Keep it up!!

Thank you Mate. One man that built the Lindberg cord kit ..Did you do any thing with the head light doors?

They stick out and they need to be flush one of many problems with this kit.. i am not happy with any thing to do with this Pyro kit.

so no loss cutting it up.

• 1 month later...

Update: Some more shots as the project drags on and on .Sorry about the Bump

I think that the Photo's kind of explain where i am going.but maybe not.

I am mocking up as I go, so sanding(I needed a break from sanding) and painting waits for a look at what the whole will look like.

Besides if i work out how i will build this i don't have to choose a Color yet. ( Tamiya TS-19 Metallic Blue) i think with lots of clear over.

i am thinking of making cab stacks with heat shield from expanded metal screen .(Brass)

I plan that the Cord hauler will haul a midget racer still to be built.

as the cab is very narrow . *To keep inside front fenders)

Wheel base is 7 inches (175mm) rear track about 2 1/2 inches (65mm) front track About 2 3/8 inches ( 60mm)

CordTestFit_18.jpg

CordTestFit_21.jpg

CordTestFit_17.jpg

CordTestFit_23.jpg

Edited by spad007

Totally kool and original!! A great idea for a lindburg kit

Well call me odd....But COEs are the rage in custom truckin now. I was inspired to do a 50 Ford COE....I love the hood you made...more pix?

The idea of reversing the motor is excellent...only different would be a quick change up there for me......but as the body would hide it...no big deal!!!

heres a shot of what got me going....and where I'm at

img9662a.jpg

IMG_2158-1.jpg

Stach? do you mean pictures of the fifty COE or more of the Cord. if you mean the fifty Ford I can but do i want to put them in this thread?

the Fifty is on hold for now to almost finish the Cord as i want to make my mistakes on it ( a learning experience for sure) i am making it up as i go..

if i open the hood on the Fifty i will scribe/cut it open and tilt it forward on one big hinge i think but for now it's a closed deal..

man it's a lot of sanding i need a small scale DA and shuffle board. i might chop the top a bit on it i don't know.(the 50 that is)..

and i have not decided what type the bed might be.. i like where your going with yours. keep on trucking ;)

Stach? do you mean pictures of the fifty COE or more of the Cord. if you mean the fifty Ford I can but do i want to put them in this thread?

the Fifty is on hold for now to almost finish the Cord as i want to make my mistakes on it ( a learning experience for sure) i am making it up as i go..

if i open the hood on the Fifty i will scribe/cut it open and tilt it forward on one big hinge i think but for now it's a closed deal..

man it's a lot of sanding i need a small scale DA and shuffle board. i might chop the top a bit on it i don't know.(the 50 that is)..

and i have not decided what type the bed might be.. i like where your going with yours. keep on trucking :lol:

Nope I meant the hood on the cord. It looks great...I just noticed your 50 Ford...different post ;)B)

I B) just love the front treatnent that the cord has!!!!

I have the bed part assembled and the first coat of primer caned on for a guide coat. the car tray is painted steel with chrome mixed in might clear it maybe." Or not."

any who here are some more shots.

Primedbed_01.jpg

Primedbed_02.jpg

Primedbed_03.jpg

Primedbed_04.jpg

Primedbed_05.jpg

Primedbed_06.jpg