Model Cars Magazine Forum

window net?

I saw the masking tape window net too. Yoy can also make them out of thin ribbon (which looks very realistic). It's just a weave pattern and a if you use ribbon a little dab of glue or little piece of double sided tape to hold it together where the pieces meet.

Mark, I'm doing a 53 Stude racer for the Carrera Panamericana rally race (as well as for my Cannonball CBP). Last night I rebuilt my roll cage to look more professional and I'm going to add window nets. I've done some Google image searches and on a lot of the racers, I can see nets on both sides.

Here's the wip shots. http://s53.photobucket.com/albums/g73/Jantrix/53%20Studebaker/

EDIT: I may have a solution I just thought of but will have to wait til I get home from work to check it out. I cut out some mesh from an old baby play pen a couple years ago. It might work. Pics later.

Edited by Jantrix

Rob, I have some material that may be exactly what you need. It is a cloth that was a large toy bag. I have used it many times for nascar window nets and is perfect for that. It is red color and I always paint it with flat black spray. I have a lifetime supply and will gladly send you some for free. Just email me through my profile and it is yours. :)

Also I've seen these, manufacturer was scaledreams or something like that, aftermarket... That's looking good, I have one set. "Will do 3-4 cars". I think, I can check the manufacturer tomorrow and post it here. That looks like a good stuff, it's thin and can be glued to the body quite easily, I think. But of course it is possible to make from masking tape etc. and it will look good. I must try my hand making those someday. B)