Model Cars Magazine Forum

Meyers Manx

gwaltz1

Is this kit on hobbyshop shelves, or due this month? I'm a bit confused by conflicting reports I have read.

they are in the hobby stores. however the richfeild hub hobby is out of them so I would call ahead to whereever else you are planning on driving to.

Ryan - Great casting! Wow! I'd love to have a set of widened smoothy VW wheels...for an eventual Herbie build. Those could serve as a basis with filled in slots, I'd think. I'd be interested in a set of stock and a set of widened or two... :)

I sent him smoothies from both the Hasegawa Kübelwagen and the Gunze/Mr. Hobby '56 Beetle, so I wouldn't worry about having to fill any wheel holes.

I'm bummed out about Manx buggies. There's one for sale on Ebay in Naples, FL but the body is cracked where the windshield attaches to the body. Both sides are messed up. I figure somebody was grabbing the windshield to hoist themselves out of the buggy and that caused the damage. I figure a real fix would require a whole new hood and where you going to find one. It's pretty too - SHINY :) :) :) red paint and has the side pods. Marcia is happy I gave up on it. But not all is lost. Since I saved over $6k, I think I'm going to buy a double action airbrush. Any suggestions?

Grex makes good ones, great customer service.

My "Cadillac" of airbrushes is the German one: Harder & Steenbeck Infinity.

I love this airbrush, but I use it only for that "perfect" paint job.

The Grex pistol type one is probably the most used one now.

Hello to everyone,

I am back to modelmaking after many many years and I love the VW bugs, my first driving experience( and my first crash at 14 years of age) and my first own car (an oval with hydraulic brakes).

I ,would like to start the building of a Hasegawa 1966 beetle. I would like to know if empinut could help me with the rubber-chrome for windows.

Thanks to all for a great forum.

unipart

• 2 weeks later...

Well your very lucky in the USA. I'm in ther UK and can't get hold of one of these and that's all I want, just one. I've looked on ebay USA and seen numerous Manx kits available but when I add up the cost of the kit, the postage and the customs charges, that's more than double the price which is out of the question. I'm told we may get some in March but who knows! Has anyone other than the one already built on here, actually built another?

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I opened it and when I looked at the body parts they are all molded in clear red styrene with glitter on it. I don't know exactly how to feel about it, except I hope primer covers it all up without any problems. Some of the parts do have a rough texture to them because of all the glitter. Hum . . . .