Model Cars Magazine Forum

Police, Fire, Rescue CBP

Janne Herajärvi

Call it The-

IHC 8100 Pumper Truck (little muskingum fire dept.)

well i found pics but i dont know why i posted them under seperate folders on photobucket! :huh:

heres what i have

heres the kit

fordshorthauler.jpg

heres the resin conversion pic (striaght off the website!)

GriffenGD13-IHC8100conv.jpg

im going to try to use this engine but i think i may stick with the cat 1160 in the louisville kit anyways! ;)

PICT0001.jpg

front wheels

PICT0006.jpg

rear drives

PICT0005.jpg

well thats all i got so far!

ill have to wait for my stepmother to come up to take more pics for you guys! :rolleyes:

ill take better pics for you guys later i have the engine and wheels up here with me now so i will get better pics later!

Edited by bandit1

• 2 weeks later...

finally got some more progress to show

the body is painted, decalled, clearcoated, polished and buffed.

i started assembly to the front end which is pretty much done and all that is left is the rear bumper, glass and final assembly

here are a few quick mockups of the car

utf-8BSU1HMDAzMTItMjAxMTA2MDQtMjE0OC5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAzMTMtMjAxMTA2MDQtMjE0OS5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAzMTUtMjAxMTA2MDQtMjE0OS5qcGc.jpg

Nice job on the puddle pirate ride.

I used the old AMT kit, wheels were from a 454ss truck. I modified the tailgate to represent two cargo doors.

If I remember correctly I sanded off all the door trim too. I know I cut off the running boards and drilled new holes in the chassis to lower the ride height as these were 2 WD.

G

Edited by AgentG

hey thanks i just found a use for my escalade kit! :P

hey add my escalade kit to this community build! i just need black paint! :lol:

well no pics right now i just got back from a ham club meeting ( www.qsl.net/n8nbl ) and my batteries in my digi cam went dead so it will be awhile i got to get a charger for them before i get pics up so it will be a week or two! ;)

Nick that came out nice.

I actually drove a CV in that color! Same year and body style too.

I got the mold made for spotlights finally, sorry it took so long. I'll be casting some this weekend. Let me know.

G

Thanks,

I looked at all the blues I had, that's Ford Medium Dark Blue, I thought, that's the perfect one. :lol:

No Problem on the wait, you'll definatley be hearing from me.

Nick

Call it The-

IHC 8100 Pumper Truck (little muskingum fire dept.)

change of plans!

it still will be the ihc pumper but im not marking it as little muskingum!

ill be marking it as truck 66 with eastwood volunteer fire dept! (why you ask!) well you see my stepfather... his father (thomas) use to drive 66 when he was with the dept. but here just last sunday morning at about 430 am in the morning he passed on! we had the veiwing on that tuesday and we buried him wednesday so ill be building this in his honor! (i got pics of the actual truck... even though its a FMC F800 truck and im building a ihc thats alright im still going to build it.....wait a minute i just thought of something :P mmmmm!

hey janne how about adding an caddilac escalade california wheels ed. to it ill be building that one as an offical (maybe someone can help with what radio equipment and etc... they would have inside) FBI vehicle! ;)

Edited by bandit1

FBI uses essentially the same as everyone else, with just different channels and encoders, which is stuff you wouldn't see. They opt for small control heads that fit under the dash, or in the glove box or console where they won't be so noticible to a casual observer.

FBI vehicles are not always what you think in terms of police car. SUV's, vans, sedans, crossovers, pickups, what ever they think will blend in.

Unlike me, who drives a dark metallic grey plain jane '09 Impala, black walls and a prisoner gage. :rolleyes:

MiB, thas how we roll................... <_<

G

Edited by AgentG

There are so many cool builds here, it makes me want to jump in on the action, so count me in!

I've started one of the police cars from the Robocop movie. I'll get some pics posted as soon as I get some time to take and post them.

Regards,

David G.

At risk of being accused of highjacking this thread (what fun reading all those posts!), here's some of my stuff.

model8-vi.jpg

I'm working on this (still!). And here are some links for some other projects.

http://public.fotki.com/TerryJessee/police-car-models/

http://public.fotki.com/TerryJessee/cop-car-model-projects/

http://public.fotki.com/TerryJessee/modelhaus-1962-chry/

Terry