Model Cars Magazine Forum

Police, Fire, Rescue CBP

Janne Herajärvi

Looks great Steve.

Here's a link for one of the most used laptops. Good reference photos.

http://www.buytough.com/tb_19.asp

Thanks!! good reference, I happen to have a CF-19 right next to me. It looks like it would probably be easier to scratcbuild one then modify the Lindberg kit parts into decent Toughbook. Maybe I'll take a shot at it on the build.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Another update on the RoboCop Car.

I have to fix the taillights. The kit has them as solid red. In reality, there white inserts on the inner portions of the lens to allow the white backing light to shine white instead of red. I cut off the red inner portion of the lens and replaced it with a piece of clear styrene, filed and shaped it to match the red portion. I then used some masking tape cut into tiny strips to mask the four white portions of the lens and colored the rest with a red Sharpie.

296184_258179734204125_100000363005661_982576_658317_n.jpg

Thanks for looking,

David G

Here is my PCB, I am going to do a Phoenix Pd Crown Vic, I am basing my build off one of the cars a buddy of mine drove when he was a patrol Sgt. The down side is I have to use a diecast, I am not a fan at all of diecast, so here is what it looks like before I start working on it.

I am going to take it a part, the wheels sit to far out, I am going to fix that, and then work on the interior. I need to fill the holes on the lower part of the bumper where the fog lights are. But thats it for the body work.

fcv.jpg

Edited by martinfan5

Nick thank you for pictures. You know there is never enough pics about current projects. Thats even bit different angle than ones ive seen before, so i see there something to do differendly than i first tought. Hood i must re do those changes there. Side skirt shape shows really well oun your pic. Thanks :)

Jonathan looks about good start there. Thats maybe my fafourite model Crown Vic so i follow this.. :)

I agree, I like this style of the crown vic's, I also liked the 80's thru early 90's style as well.

Here is a update on this , I have done a lot of work so far, the interior is almost finished, everything but the radios have been scratch built, same for the light bar. I still need to do a little work on the lightbar. I took alot more pics, but I deleted them before I uploaded them :( .

Buckeye-20110903-00185.jpg

Buckeye-20110903-00186.jpg

Buckeye-20110903-00189.jpg

Edited by martinfan5

I finally finished the RoboCop Car. It's a fairly simple kit and there isn't much to look at, but here it is.

Robo 06m.jpg

I cobbled the antennae together from bits of wire and insulation. The rear windows are spray-tinted acetate, I made them a bit too dark, though.

Robo 13m.jpg

Well, there it is. Thanks for looking, and thanks Janne for hosting the CBP.

David G.

Finally got a start on my second entry, So I'm trying to get this done for a local show in October, I do plan on building it period correct (Ie 1957 or '58), So Far I've used some red oxide to prime it, and have given the engine a coat of paint, I used the red oxide because it agree's with the newer Revell plastic, my grey primer for some reason dosen't seem to like Revell's Styrene.

This example is restored

1347360416_e5aacdcb39.jpg

GEDC0547.jpg

GEDC0548.jpg

GEDC0549.jpg

Nick

heres the start of my custom pumper truck!

this is not the frame i will be using but it will be something else im just waiting on mail to come to see what i got!

DSCI0440.jpg

DSCI0436.jpg

GriffenGD13-IHC8100conv.jpg

more to come! comments and criticism welcomed!

frame is just for mockup which ill get more pics later

Most of you police car guys probably know this, but in case you didn't- the AMT Rides Magazine kits (the ones with the GIGANTIC wheels) come with a laptop computer as an accessory, along with a PS2 and controller. Not that you'd need those last two in a cop car, but still!

Most of you police car guys probably know this, but in case you didn't- the AMT Rides Magazine kits (the ones with the GIGANTIC wheels) come with a laptop computer as an accessory, along with a PS2 and controller. Not that you'd need those last two in a cop car, but still!

not all! the 72 chevy p/u doesnt!