Model Cars Magazine Forum

Police, Fire, Rescue CBP

Janne Herajärvi

I noticed a few pages back that it was mentioned that there was no timeline for this community build. So, I'd like to join in. First let me say that although I'm not a rookie to model building I can't say that I'm not when it comes to police cars. I have primarily built drag cars, Nascar or street machines over the years but just recently took on an interest in police vehicles.

Last year I completed my first build using the Revell Impala curbside kit along with decals purchased online. I'm not sure if they are Billbozo decals or some other maker. I added a few small subtle details and did some mild weathering, added a dog to the back seat and eventually placed it on a small scenic base. Here's a couple of pics.

DSC03973-vi.jpg

DSC03988-vi.jpg

DSC03993-vi.jpg

IMG_2321vi-vi.jpg

For the project intended for this build I will be creating a bit of a larger diorama consisting of a wooded scene set in Alaska using an older AMT Ford Explorer suv kit along with Alaska State Troopers decals. I will have some pics. of the beginning of the project shortly.

i must say im in ah when it comes to the beutiful western star la fire dept recovery truck in the background! that shine is ridiculous! please i would love more info on that truck if you can please? :D:P:lol:

Couldn't tell you anything about it. This photo was taken at a model show in South Carolina and I have no idea who built the fire truck recovery vehicle.

Here is the beginnings of the diorama. It is in the early stages of mockup. I am looking at different types of trees so what you see spread out may not be what finally gets added. The dead tree at the front right with the eagles nest at the top was purchased online and comes almost like you see it. The nest is created just a bit too large for realism sake so I have already removed quite a bit of material to make it look better, and may have to go a bit further still.

The 4x4 is only set there to show where the Explorer will be when it's complete. This one should be quite a bit of fun. There will be quite a bit of terrain, some wildlife, rocks and one maybe two officers with K-9's looking for an escaped convict hiding somewhere on the diorama.

DSC08037-vi.jpg

DSC08038-vi.jpg

DSC08039-vi.jpg

DSC08040-vi.jpg

So, after spending a couple of hours under/in a Mack MR garbage truck over the weekend, I was able to come up with the major frame dimensions, and about 150 pics for refrence.

Here is the front frame crossmember/tow eye. This a bolt on component to the front of the frame on the 1:1!

Frame002.jpg

Here is the lower cab tilt cylinder mount.

Frame003.jpg

And, the interior. I'm using one of my "seconds" castings that is laying around.

Interior002.jpg