Model Cars Magazine Forum

Police, Fire, Rescue CBP

Janne Herajärvi

So if Toronto used yellow police cars in that era, what color where the taxi's?,

Simple answer Orange/Teal, and Dark Blue

Under a bright yellow paint like that I would have used a white primer. You might wind up with something more orange than yellow.

James, that picture above is a "restored" car, look at the below in action photo's.There a bit darker, besides, I'm using duplicolor, it already looks pretty bright yellow with only one mist coat on it.

urbantoronto-2279-6435.jpg

toronto73-vi.jpg

And yes they used Pinto's

Bandit1- is that cab from models by dave?, what are going to use for the seats and steering wheel?, I am going to get one of his International cabs , and haven't figured out what kit to use for the seats and wheel

i got it from sts long time ago but i think i remember hearing from the yahoo group that it is? i dont know? it never came with an interior tub when i got it so i got to come up with something on that now as far as the steering wheel ill probably use something from an ih kit either the 4300 as my donor but im in the process of getting parts now for it cause i just dont see in pulling a handful of parts out of a complete unbuilt kit in my stash! but we will see! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

This started out as a Ertl Die cast 1957 Chevy oil tanker. I made a rescue out of one and this one will be a Pumper. I started with making the cab an open cab and using a AMT ALF pumper body. Paint is Krylon hunter green. the pumper body was cut short at the pump panel and a new pump area was made.

models263-vi.jpg

models265-vi.jpgmodels299-vi.jpg

Thats not one of my cabs. It is one that was available thru STS, and I think was cast by All Seasons Collectables. Its a copy of the DG Productions 4000 series toy. It has some inaccuracies in the roof, and hood area.

Dave

Thats not one of my cabs. It is one that was available thru STS, and I think was cast by All Seasons Collectables. Its a copy of the DG Productions 4000 series toy. It has some inaccuracies in the roof, and hood area.

Dave

i know! i got it through sts! now what is all the inaccuracies and the plastic is pretty thick (almost a 1/4'' thick) so im probably going to have to get a dremel tool and start grinding away resin! but i started to clean up the door lines alittle bit earlier today so im thinking on whether to use it or not in the first place?