Model Cars Magazine Forum

Burned for being a nice guy.

About two or three weeks back I answer the call of another modeler who had some bad luck with a thief and had his airbrush kit stolen,so being a nice guy when it was asked if anyone had a extra airbrush I replied that I had a extra to send,but the person felt bad that I gave a up a nice air brush and was wanting to know if I wanted a trade or something for it.

Being the person that I am and I had noticed he had a few kits up for trade I made a suggestion of maybe a few kits he had on his list as payment and it was agreed apond by both parties but he wanted to try it out first soI didnt see any hard in it,That was almost two weeks ago.

I will not name names but if you ever see a call out for someone with a extra airbrush DO NOT REPLY.

Do to this,I have learned not to be trusting to help out a fellow modeler who puts out a call unless its someone whom I work with in the past,And I hope no one get burned for tryin to do a good thing from this person again.

I don't blame anyone but myself for tryin to do a good deed.

B) I know how ye feel Nick..

Similar thing happened about 6 months ago to myself..

sent 2 back issues of a Model mag to South Africa with and exchange an agreement of a started Esci Kit in exchange.

Mag's arrived 4 weeks later to his door..

I got nothing..not even an explaination.. :P:blink:

only 2 weeks have passed in your case... he might come good yet..

Edited by Boreham

Ken is the moderator for the trade section of the forums and before doing any business or trading with someone that you havent done so with in the past it's a good idea to send him a PM first. any bad traders or trades should be reported to him and if someone is a known bad trader Ken will advise you on whether he's heard something or not.

airing out dirty laundry publicly is not the best way to do things although in some cases may be the "right" thing to do for that situation. i'm not going to say what Nick did here is right or wrong, but i don't agree with Jim's posting in regards to the bad trade that he had in Nicks thread.

It's exactly why Ken took the responsibility of the trade moderator, and to stop threads like this becoming...

can_of_worms.jpg

All of those who have posted in this thread have been members here long enough to be well aware of the fact when you have trade issues

CONTACT KEN HART!!!

These issues are exactly what he volunteered to help solve!

I don't know Nick, I may be a little slow to judge people, (or just a little slow period) but I'm not sure two weeks is crisis mode yet. I can see where his delay could be inconsiderate but it seems a little early to burn bridges. Doing so may just cement his notion that he doesn't owe you anything for giving him a muckraking. I assume you've made requests for updates or status. I find patience prevails. Maybe two more weeks then send out the dogs.

First thank you all to the person messages that were sent to me.

But from those messages I was not the only person duped by him at lease four other people were also.

Highway this didnt start as a trade but was made a trade by the other party so he didnt feel guilty for getting something for free,and it was said AFTER he got the airbrush.

But I am true to my word I will not name names but the guess from everyone who has emailed me is correct.

I Hate that it came down to this,and considering how much I like mostly everyone on here and have had prior dealing with others here who have been very good to there word as I am to mine.

Thank you all for reading this.

And Gregg keep up the good work and never go corporate and ruin thissite and mag,to bad there are others who ruin things for others

Ken is the moderator for the trade section of the forums and before doing any business or trading with someone that you havent done so with in the past it's a good idea to send him a PM first. any bad traders or trades should be reported to him and if someone is a known bad trader Ken will advise you on whether he's heard something or not.

Exactly right... but the problem is, if this particular "bad trader" wasn't yet on Ken's watch list, it wouldn't have helped to contact Ken first.

Getting burned in a trade with someone you've never met and don't know is the chance you take when you decide to trade. Lesson learned, I hope.

And just one more little thing to mention. Ken CAN'T make anyone do ANYTHING. He WILL go to bat for you if you've been burned, but he can't MAKE these people do right by you. He helped me out, got my situation rectified and he's doing his job very well, as far as I'm concered, but understand, he's only human, and as such he IS limited to WHAT he can do. But he'll TRY.:lol:

Highway this didnt start as a trade but was made a trade by the other party so he didnt feel guilty for getting something for free,and it was said AFTER he got the airbrush.

Nick, that was my point, HE made it a trade and agree to you to return you something, which for some reason he did not hold fast to. It really doesn't matter if it was prior to you sending the airbrush or not, if he said he was going to do something in return for the generosity you showed him, HE HAD BETTER LIVE UP TO IT ! I hold you to a high regard Nick, you were just trying to help your fellow man and brother modeler, I have not only been on the giving end but the receiving end of donations of parts and kits myself, and if I had a spare airbrush, I may have just been the one in your shoes.

The biggest thing that I seen in your last post was you had PMs from a least four other people that were cheated also, so whether you are really worried about getting something from him or not is beside the point, Ken still needs to know so if this member is not on the radar yet, HE CAN BE NOW!!!

:lol:

personally I think an "name and shame" thread should be in motion..

which will serve the same if not more purpose than the "Pat on the back" good traders thread.

:P

I think it's wise people know who to avoid.. I've sent a PM for a trade here and 8 days later have recived no reply poor common courtesy to reply in some form....

or maybe I got lucky

Sorry Nick...but that is our "real world" now..Many people do not care about anyone but themselves. I recently sent out some surfboards to a member looking for them. Little time , postage and effort to send them out. I didn't ask for anything in return, but never got as much as a thanks or pm that they arrived.

My point..I will help others out here...but will not expect anything in return...I am blessed by the Lord for my giving and am at peace :P:lol:

I'VE BEEN BURNED ALSO, AS THE PERSON I'VE SENT STUFF TO SAID THEY WOULD REIMBURSE ME FOR THE POSTAGE.AFTER HE GOT WHAT HE WANTED, NO CONTACT FROM HIM.NOW, I THINK WE HAVE TO ASK FOR A TRADE REFERENCE FROM THE TRADER,WHO HE HAS DEALT WITH, SO WE CAN CHECK HIM/HER OUT,BEFORE WE TRADE WITH HIM. I WILL NEVER ANSWER A TRADE/WANTED AD AGAIN, UNLESS I GET THE POSTAGE FIRST AND UP FRONT. THESE SCAMMERS ARE WRECKING THE WANTED AND TRADE SECTIONS! (FOOL ME ONCE SHAME ON YOU,FOOL ME TWICE SHAME ON ME?)GUYS DONT TRADE WITH ANYONE UNLESS YOU KNOW THEM, OR HAVE A PREVIOUS TRADE REFERENCE. REMEMBER IF THEY DONT FOLLOW THROUGH IN 30 DAYS SOME CASES COULD BE MAIL FRAUD, IF THE TRANSACTION WAS THROUGH THE USPS!! THE WORD MUST BE OUT ON OTHER MESSAGE BOARDS THAT WE ARE EASY TARGETS,FOR THE SCAMMERS.

Before this goes Any further I once promised to give someone rims about the same time I was moving from one house to another and in that process I completely space the rims and for that I am sorry to that person.

Now you can stop with the nasty emails

I ask that the Moterator please lock this thread

Thank You

Edited by Nick Notarangelo