Model Cars Magazine Forum

Royal wedding getaway car

I posted last night about how sick I was of it but apparently people didn't like it so I removed it. I'm just tired of hearing about it. Who wants to bet that in a few months "The Royal Divorce" will be headline news?? lol Anyways back on topic that is an awesome car!

How cool is that? I NEVER knew Aston Martin made a convertable version of that car, only the coupe that Bond....James Bond, drove. Nice car!!!!:lol::D;)

Aston Martin didn't build many Dropheads, so they're pretty rare. Two other famous dropheads in movies; Tippi Hedren drives a DB3 in "The Birds," and Michael Caine has a beautiful silver DB4 in the original "Italian Job" that is "destroyed." It was actually a Lancia modified to look like the DB4 for the destruction.

http://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_3989-Aston-Martin-DB4-1962.html

Edited by Jim Gibbons

I think it's his daddy's DB4 Aston Martin. I'm sure he bought it new in the 1960s.

Monogram did a model of the coupe version of this car. It's been sitting in my stack unbuilt since I picked it up in 1997 in a toy store in a small village in the Netherlands! Shouldn't be too difficult a job to modify it to an open top. And some of those Fujimi figures might just do the job for Wills and Cate.

I think it's his daddy's DB4 Aston Martin. I'm sure he bought it new in the 1960s.

Monogram did a model of the coupe version of this car. It's been sitting in my stack unbuilt since I picked it up in 1997 in a toy store in a small village in the Netherlands! Shouldn't be too difficult a job to modify it to an open top. And some of those Fujimi figures might just do the job for Wills and Cate.

That would make a great conversion. Maybe we should have a forum "Movie Car" build; I'm planning to build the Mercedes Benz 540K from the Sound of Music.

As an aside, several years ago at Lime Rock, I was drooling over a similar Drophead in that great green Aston Martin had. I turned to my left, and none other than Vic Edelbrock was standing next to me doing the same thing.

Am I the only one who thinks the cars in Cars should have had the headlights be their eyes? I mean, with the eyes in the windshield I always see two faces! :lol: :lol:

"Two Faces?"

Boy does that leave an opening big enough to drive a ... Chicago white house ... through.

I'll leave it alone, but it sure is tempting.

calvinhobbes-vi.jpg

:lol:

The commentaters on TV said the Aston was a birthday gift from the Queen to Prince Charles some years ago.

IIRC, there was an incident back in the '80's when Princess Diana decided to get up on the hood of the Aston to have a picture taken of her. Well when Prince Charles saw her do that, he absolutely flipped! He screamed at her to get off the hood lest she dent it! I believe the hoods on those things are aluminum (aluminium to the Brits), thus the screaming fit he went into! :o

IIRC, there was an incident back in the '80's when Princess Diana decided to get up on the hood of the Aston to have a picture taken of her. Well when Prince Charles saw her do that, he absolutely flipped! He screamed at her to get off the hood lest she dent it! I believe the hoods on those things are aluminum (aluminium to the Brits), thus the screaming fit he went into! :o

cessDianaonthebonnetoftheAston-vi.jpg