Model Cars Magazine Forum

RAT ROD FRIDAYS!!!!!

deathskull59

004-31.jpg

Are you kidding? The finish on this is amazing!

After pouring through this "Topic", I couldn't resist throwing a few photo's of my '32 into the mix. I hope it holds up to some of the builds in the previous pages. 'Cause they're amazing! The "Rat Rod" genre is definately alive and well amongst the model builders!

32FordCompleted010.jpg

32FordCompleted011.jpg

32FordCompleted021.jpg

Some Great "Rats" Guys!

004-31.jpg

Are you kidding? The finish on this is amazing!

After pouring through this "Topic", I couldn't resist throwing a few photo's of my '32 into the mix. I hope it holds up to some of the builds in the previous pages. 'Cause they're amazing! The "Rat Rod" genre is definately alive and well amongst the model builders!

32FordCompleted010.jpg

32FordCompleted011.jpg

32FordCompleted021.jpg

Some Great "Rats" Guys!

......I'm still lovin it!....It still holds up in my opinion. I like the '49 also.

I love this hobby!!!

So much talent, imagination and creativity out there.

I shy away from stock models and racecars that need to be built the 'correct' way. I appreciate technical accuracy and so-on, but rods, rat or otherwise, allow for much greater scope of originality.

So, with that in mind, I decided to have a go at a rat rod.

Here's my attempt:

052.jpg

070.jpg

065.jpg

I just realized that the clue is in the topic title...and it's not friday today. I hope it's not a capital offence.

I've built these two. I have also one in the bench. First one, '32 Ford Roadster, chopped sectioned, channeled, frame built from scratch, trunk lid built from some other trunk lid, it's built longer and lots of bodywork done to the body. Front axle scratchbuilt, interior floor pretty much modifications and engine is of course Ford Flathead with some details. This one has won a few prices in local modelcar shows too. :o

PA050346.jpg

PA050348.jpg

PA050353.jpg

And the other is '29 Ford, frame is also built from scratch, so on so on...

P1010003.jpg

Now these rods are my style! You really gave them a great style. Way to go!

I love this hobby!!!

So much talent, imagination and creativity out there.

I shy away from stock models and racecars that need to be built the 'correct' way. I appreciate technical accuracy and so-on, but rods, rat or otherwise, allow for much greater scope of originality.

So, with that in mind, I decided to have a go at a rat rod.

Here's my attempt:

052.jpg....SUCCESS! That's a cool

build, I love it! I love the Flathead and it has all the other right components to make an awesome ride.

070.jpg

065.jpg

I just realized that the clue is in the topic title...and it's not friday today. I hope it's not a capital offence.

Bryan, love everyone of your builds, but that 53 is sweet! Wish I could weather things like you do ( guess I will have to start trying)

Thanks Andy!! yea give weathering a try man, once you do, you wont want to build a model that isnt weathered. at least thats how it worked for me. any questions you have at all dont be afraid to ask...

Thanks Cranky!

bryan m