Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 1957 Chrysler 300C

Olle F

Here's a link to pics I took of the '99 AMT/Ertl reissue, so you can see what you're getting: http://modelkitreviews.proboards.com/thread/609/25-amt-57-chrysler-300c

I'm a bit torn regarding how to personally rate this kit, as it has excellent engraving and well defined details throughout, but yet some parts, when viewed individually, seem to fall a bit flat. The leaf springs are one example, having nice engraved detail to render each leaf as a separate, but as a whole part, look not quite as realistic as they could have. Not sure if that makes sense or not, but in the below pic you can see the details, and also the fact that there is absolutely zero curvature to the spring pack. Maybe this is one of those issues whic only appears when looking at the individual parts, and not the completed model as a whole, with all parts united, but I guess it just bugs me a little that so well thought out stopped short.

57330cleaf.jpg.51649180541d24a77c39c35c9929d16c.jpg

Again, the early Hemi V-8 is a jewel and provides a good deal of value alone, an if you're building it as a '57 Chrysler 300C, I think you'll be delighted with the end result. 

4 hours ago, Casey said:

Here's a link to pics I took of the '99 AMT/Ertl reissue, so you can see what you're getting: http://modelkitreviews.proboards.com/thread/609/25-amt-57-chrysler-300c

I'm a bit torn regarding how to personally rate this kit, as it has excellent engraving and well defined details throughout, but yet some parts, when viewed individually, seem to fall a bit flat. The leaf springs are one example, having nice engraved detail to render each leaf as a separate, but as a whole part, look not quite as realistic as they could have. Not sure if that makes sense or not, but in the below pic you can see the details, and also the fact that there is absolutely zero curvature to the spring pack. Maybe this is one of those issues whic only appears when looking at the individual parts, and not the completed model as a whole, with all parts united, but I guess it just bugs me a little that so well thought out stopped short.

57330cleaf.jpg.51649180541d24a77c39c35c9929d16c.jpg

Again, the early Hemi V-8 is a jewel and provides a good deal of value alone, an if you're building it as a '57 Chrysler 300C, I think you'll be delighted with the end result. 

Well, you made me look and honestly the rear springs are actually flat on the real car. It may not be visually interesting but it appears protottpically correct. 

used-1957-chrysler-300c_hemi-letterseries300c-6046-11208505-79-640.jpg.b2e45b0693326549edc1ad5f6736cd2e.jpg

if memory serves me right, the 300 was only avail in a limited colors as opposed to the Chrysler full line. Although I could be reading it wrong

http://www.chrysler300club.com/rcmstuff/colors.html

A

Jet Black

F

Parade Green (m)

DYE-DDL

2205 w/less poly

N

Copper Brown (m)

E-180

P

Gauguin Red