Model Cars Magazine Forum

HOT RODS SATURDAYS!!!

TheCat

Here's my few Hot Rods... After I finish building my latest project, I'm planning to go back and build a few more Hot Rods... I think it's time. :)

My 1932 Ford 5 Windows - I named "The Golden Nugget"

32_Ford_Golden_Nugget-01-m.JPG

32_Ford_Golden_Nugget-05-m.JPG

My 1932 Ford Speedwagon "Dan Fink's"

32_Speedwagon-01-m.JPG

32_Speedwagon-05-m.JPG

My 1934 Ford Model 40A - a Snap-Tite Kit

34-Ford_Street_Rod-01-m.JPG

34-Ford_Street_Rod-05-m.JPG

So, these are my Hot Rods (more to be built). Now, Show me your Hot Rods. B)

Nice thread and some nice Hot Rods. Looks like there's no need to wait for Saturday though, so here's a few of mine...

32R1-vi.jpg

Monogram 32 Roadster

3-vi.jpg

Revell 32 3 Window

DSC03163-vi.jpg

AMT 40 Ford Coupe

3-vi.jpg

AMT Double "T"

Edited by Flatout

Nice thread and some nice Hot Rods. Looks like there's no need to wait for Saturday though, so here's a few of mine...

I'll drink to that! Great stuff, guys! Not a single clunker in the bunch! (I'll change that right now! B) )

Here's the opposite of the 'typical' street rod... it's a '32 Chevy with a small block Ford engine :o !

IMG_2320-vi.jpg

Couple more '32 Chevys, one a converted coupe, both MOPAR POWERED!!!!

IMG_47091-vi.jpg

IMG_35441-vi.jpg

A '21 Olds Coupe (Beverly Hillbillies kit with a scratchbuilt roof, and an Olds 215 aluminum V8)

IMG_57801-vi.jpg

And an AMT Deuce 5-window, with it's crude small block Chevy converted into an equally crude Ford Y-Block.

IMG_2160-vi.jpg

Here's an oldie for ya. Revell '32 Coupe sans roof.

DSCF0354.jpg

Here's my favorite.

006.jpg

Revell '32 with the 421 from a '62 Catalina. This was broken beyond repair last year so a new one is in the works.

G

Some beautiful builds... Sorry to hear that your favorite was destroyed. Can't wait to see the new one.

some awesome works of art in here!!!

Thanks for the compliment leadfoot. The truck is Lindberg's "Utility Rod". Its not totally my work, I got it off ebay as a built-up, disassembled it and cleaned it up, repainted the roof insert, tonneau cover, and touched up the tires which are 2 piece plastic. I made an new windshield for it, got the wheels pointing in the same direction, and reassembeled it. Mine is molded in a beautiful shade of white plastic, but it also came in green and perhaps other colors. Here are pics of an original version in green, and the blue one is currently available as a "32 Ford Pickup" from a lot of online sources.

. 8.jpg72330-Street-Pickup-1_24-4x2.jpg

Here are a couple of mine......

33 Ford Tudor Sedan

33tudor3-vi.jpg

This model is still my favorite hot rod of all time! It just doesn't get any better than this IMO. Someday I want to build a copy of it. Great work on this one this one Greg!

• 7 years later...