Model Cars Magazine Forum

'55 Ford F100 pickup, had it since '70, got it for $60. Dropped, Romeo Palamedes wheels, S/W, Bell 3-spoke, Stage ll Vortek Chev + mods, 350 T-H, 9" butt, 13.60 on street tires & mufflers. This was my shop truck from '76-'87, has towed our roadster to Bonneville 6 times, push truck at drags & Bonneville, hauled hemis, big blocks, small blocks, many flathead engines, and towed boats.

Black primer, black tarp, use it every day!

'66 VW white bug, 1641, dual port, chrome Porsche wheels, 30 MPG

'27 Hiboy T Roadster atop '32 rails, no fenders, 354 Chrys Hemi, '37 LaSalle trans, '41 Ford rear

'26 T Coupe cut into roadster, on modified '41 Ford frame; car was 1955 America's Most Beautiful Roadster, doing complete resto on it. (slow project)

'54 Ford Coupe Gasser, tube front axle, semi-elliptic springs, 406 F.E. engine, close-ratio Ford toploader 3-speed with Jeep shift tower, long cane stick. 9" rear, altered wheelbase, doing lotsa bodywork right now.

'63-1/2 Ford Galaxie Fastback, 2nd owner, white car: Engine 406, 5-speed World Class trans, will be street-driven, (kinda modern for my tastes, but had a couple of Super Stockers in the '60s, so it's a keeper.) :)

I'm doing some models of these and previously owned ones, will be posting some pics ASAP.

PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D E specially the Bug and Gasser

Edited by Nick F40

well, like my board name says,

here is the Torino, loaded up on the trailer, headed to a car show that

is a few miles away. I double my fuel mileage just by pulling it

with the Superduty:

100_0009.jpg

here is my little bullitt mustang gt:

100_0018.jpg

100_0013.jpg

way out here in the middle of nowhere, Montana!

BEAUTIFUL CUNTRY!!! GOD'S COUNTRY! BEATUIFL TORINO!! GET IT OFF THE TRAILOR!!!! I SEE THE TORINO CRYING!!!

well here is my new toy :o

it might eat gas faster then i eat pizza but i love it already

89 cadillac fleetwood 4 door hearse

front

DSCN0726.jpg

inside view from back door

DSCN0727.jpg

gauge cluster (88,631 miles)

DSCN0728.jpg

interior from drivers side 2nd door

DSCN0729.jpg

rear view

DSCN0730.jpg

got it for the best price ever

it was free

big ups to dickey's mortuary

I figured I better jump on this badwagon...

My daily is a '97 F150 XLT extended cab, white with 2" drop, Harley wheels, billit grills and got some Shelby blue stripes to put on it when I get a day free. Of course, I have the obligatory 2 X 10" subs in a downfire box under the back seat, upgraded speakers, head deck that even plays MP3s off disk or jump drive (USB port) and a 12 disk CD changer for a few more songs. And no, I am not one of those guys that cruises around with the moaning bass. I like the bass to hit, not buzz the hair on your body...

My current project used to be my daily driver is a '68 Torino GT Formal (like the little picture under my name). It is red and even though it came out of detroit with a 330 hp 390 FE and a 4 speed (I didn't get either of those when I got the car <_< ), it now has a Mustang 289, 3:89 gears, C4 and .478 lift Isky (along with Hooker, Holley, Edlebrock and a few other names). It's got a top end of 110 but it sure gets there fast... Near future mods are an AOD to at least get it to two digit mileage... Long term is punching the 390 I have in the garage to about 428 and maybe a T5, late model IFS swap, and TBI.

My daily driver, 2005 WRX Wagon

Choppre.jpg

My other one, '72 Nova L6, that unfortunately I am going to have to sell. I am then going to use the money to buy a Ninja 250R (55-75mpg) because I can't afford to drive the Scooby every day (approx $200 a month in gas thanks to premium being $5.00 here in CA.)

L2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Davkin

Well, the trans in my '96 Caprice cop car gave up the ghost. I just couldn't see spending $2000 to fix a car that would be worth maybe $2000 AFTER putting the new trans in. She gave me four good years and I abused her and neglected her plus she was hit twice by careless drivers so she was very squeaky and leaky time to put her down. But now for a replacement, no econo-box for me!

p71-vi.jpg

It only took a couple hours of internet searching to find this gem in the "Buy it Now" lot of a local auction house. I was able to talk them down a bit and get it for about $5k out the door. It's a '99 Ford Crown Victoria with less than 50k miles on it. But what's really special about this particular car is that it is a P71, (cop car) but doesn't look it. It was dressed up in full civilian garb, apparently to use undercover. The only hint on the outside or inside that it's a cop car is the dual exhaust tips. They even put full wheel covers over the cop car wheels. This car is the straightest, cleanest and tightest car I've ever owned. It doesn't have quite the guts the Caprice had but it gets around plenty well. I imagine I'll eventually ditch the fugly wheel covers and get hold of a set of P71 center caps and maybe even black out the trim.

BTW, I guess it almost looks like it could be white in the photo but it's actually painted a very nice silver-blue metallic.

David

My daily driver, 2005 WRX Wagon

Choppre.jpg

My other one, '72 Nova L6, that unfortunately I am going to have to sell. I am then going to use the money to buy a Ninja 250R (55-75mpg) because I can't afford to drive the Scooby every day (approx $200 a month in gas thanks to premium being $5.00 here in CA.)

L2.jpg

NOO not the Scoob! :) Don't sell that, that looks sweet and fn, I love Scoobys and yours is cool because it's a wagon. Picso f the Ninja, I love those bikes too. :D;)

Well I noticed a lot of suff I've always hated working on, I'll add my rides I moved back to Richmond Virginia in 92 in a 1953 Ford Panel Delivery It had a partially rebuilt motor in it as the valves are the same size in the 48-53 -V-8s. Whoever did the work put the exaust valves onthe in take sides of the block. This made the clearance too tight as you need a 16000th for those valves as they expand when they get hot. Hence two valves were burned to a crisp. Any way I replaced the valves and drove the truck sometimes to work and of course to the shows in Black primer. When I came back to Virginia I bought a VERY RUSTY short wheelbase slide side Ford E- 100 van . This van had no right to go back to the streets but lotsa fiberglass did the job along witha rebuilt engine, These two trucks served my wife and I well untill four years ago my father finiall passed and we got his 97 Chrysler mini van Now in addition to my wifes Plymouth mini van the drive trains were identical how ever , we sold the Plymouth when we discovered that when you closed the doors, the doors automatically locked Even if you put a key in a lock cylinder , the minute you let go of the key`, it locked, Also the guages quit working The dealer said it was an expensive fix. I've had the same exact same problem with the Chrysler too Would we buy another Chrysler? doubt it Even with gasoline averaging 4.10 here, I'm going to put a wind shield in the 78 Ford van and drive it again

You guys have some real nice cars. Here's mine.

2003 Land rover Discovery2 Alveston Red with Alpaca Beige two-tone interior.

1969 Jaguar E-type black with a biscut interior.

th_95532_DSC00661edit_122_595lo.jpg

I had to use the edited image because of the photo host.

Edited by Scalefinishes

You guys have some real nice cars. Here's mine.

2003 Land rover Discovery2 Alveston Red with Alpaca Beige two-tone interior.

1969 Jaguar E-type black with a biscut interior.

th_95532_DSC00661edit_122_595lo.jpg

I had to use the edited image because of the photo host.

I always liked those style Land Rovers and that Jag MORE PICS PALLLLLEASE!!!!! ;) Such a beauty there.

Here's my daily driver, 96 F150 Eddie Bauer 4x4- this picture is a few years old, but it still looks the same, except for a couple of UT stickers in the back window. Despite currently tracing a fuel system problem that's annoying me, this has been a great truck, and I intend to get another 120K miles out of it.

P1020603-vi.jpg

Here's the wife's daily driver- 2001 Dodge Electrical problem. Mechanically, an awesome vehicle. Electrically, a steaming pile of feces.

P1030751-vi.jpg

And my project car. 68 Ford Fairlane formal roof. I'm no longer nearly the fat slob I was in that picture. I'm a much thinner slob these days.

P1030598-vi.jpg

The Fairlane is a great project car, but I need to get rid of it- I want something older!

well here is my new toy :lol:

it might eat gas faster then i eat pizza but i love it already

89 cadillac fleetwood 4 door hearse

front

DSCN0726.jpg

inside view from back door

DSCN0727.jpg

gauge cluster (88,631 miles)

DSCN0728.jpg

interior from drivers side 2nd door

DSCN0729.jpg

rear view

DSCN0730.jpg

got it for the best price ever

it was free

big ups to dickey's mortuary

TOO COOL!!!!!!!!

FRAKIN SWEET!!!!

any more info?plans?pics? :lol:

Thanks! I've had Horst about two years now. He has alot ot the typical high mileage (201+k) Vanagon ailments: "idle hunting", lifter bleed down, a/c doesn't work and needs paint. Splitties and Bays are too pricey for me. I plan on keeping him for a loooong time. He's in semi-retirement as I use my beater Tempo 90% of the time (gotta have my a/c in my old age) plus it saves on wear and tear. I'm just going to fix him up as needed and enjoy him. Also I don't name my cars but Lois Grace wrote in VW Trends that VW's have personalities and should be named. It took me a year to pick his name out. I'll take some more pics after he's had a bath! ;)

Haaa, you got love those old 1.9 Wasserboxer Vanagons. Not enough power to get out of it's own way. I couldn't ever understand why VW put such an anemic engine in those things.

Pardon the stupid questions, but what makes that van a "Horst" (I'm mildly familiar what what Horst used to be) and how many of the VW vans could get out of their own way before the Eurovan's hit the market?

:D;) Exactly none. :lol: