Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hi everybody. I'm new here, and I figured this would be the best place to say hello. Seeing as I've averaged more than 1 car for each year I've been alive, I'm definitely a car nut. I don't have digital pics of my cars, except the wife's toy, but here's the list.

Dailys:

90 Mazda Cab Plus pickup- 10xK original, tinted glass, lowered a couple of inches, and driven

96 Impala SS- sewer pipe intake, tint, stereo

98 Lincoln Navigator- tint, stereo, K&N FIPK, and lots of road trips

94 Accord- the family dependable backup, beaten to death, totaled twice, still around.

Now for the funner stuff:

2, yes 2 69 Camaros: hard top is mine, unrestored (but needs it), gutted interior, black primer, built 327, BW T5 5sp, 4.10 posi

convertible: inline 6, glide, and unmolested. 3rd owners

64 Chevelle- lawn ornament at the moment, nothing original, fun cruiser

71 Chevy PU fleetside, short box, no motor or trans, awaiting its day of glory.

MandysCamaro.jpg

I'll add more pics after I get 'em, and I'll also do a normal introduction.

Nice rides to you other folks, especially the classics and odd stuff!

Edited by notfastenuff

Here's my two Pontiacs. The "Plain Jane" '62 Catalina, has a rebuilt 389, 700r4 Tranny(the original "slim Jim" Roto-Hydramatic now sees duty as a lawn ornament and/or boat anchor), it needs a new interior, and tu-tone paint "Yorktown Blue" with a white top, headers, and the bumpers rechromed. My '04 Bonneville "SLE" has all the bells and whistles, and gets better gas milege.

S4200002-vi.jpg

Hosted on Fotki

Albert

post-322-1198910241_thumb.jpg

Man you guys have some impressive rides!

Mine is an '07 Mustang GT Convertible, Grabber Orange, no stripes, spoiler delete, 18" flat faced five spokes, optional axle ratio, cloth top, loaded with vritually every option you can get.

It's a fantastic car - does the quarter in the high 13's, yet averages right at 21.0MPG. Is that incredible or what? Not to mention a killer soundtrack (exhaust note) and the fun of having the top down 90% of the time (at least during the summer).

TIM BOYD

it was rolled over before i got it. my dad spotted the car in the woods so we went and asked the people next door if they knew who owned it and it happened to be the dude that lived there. i guess it used to be his sons car and he let his friend drive it and rolled it. i got it for free along with the 2 other parts cars to rebuild it so hey, cant complain lol

Man you guys have some impressive rides!

Mine is an '07 Mustang GT Convertible, Grabber Orange, no stripes, spoiler delete, 18" flat faced five spokes, optional axle ratio, cloth top, loaded with vritually every option you can get.

It's a fantastic car - does the quarter in the high 13's, yet averages right at 21.0MPG. Is that incredible or what? Not to mention a killer soundtrack (exhaust note) and the fun of having the top down 90% of the time (at least during the summer).

TIM BOYD

What happened to that "company car" we went to dinner in at the NNL East a little while ago????

My real daily driver......Anyway, hi everyone. I'm new here and haven't built a model in a very long time but my love for muscle cars has brought me back to the hobby. I haven't purchased ANYTHING yet so any advice on some of the things I'll need & the best place to buy supplies would be appreciated. I'm very interested in creating cars with the weathered & neglected look i.e. rust, primer, etc.

Any advice is appreciated,

Mark

post-2426-1199189931_thumb.jpg

PictureorVideo011-1.jpg

Here's my baby. It's an 82 notchback Mustang. It is an original 5 liter car. it was 1 of 33 Curry brown, 5 liter, 4 speed coupes made in 82. It now has a 357 windsor and a 5 speed. the motor was worked over last fall with aluminum heads, a pissed off cam and a new exhaust, it should be a fast little mustang.....

Edited by 82notch

My real daily driver......Anyway, hi everyone. I'm new here and haven't built a model in a very long time but my love for muscle cars has brought me back to the hobby. I haven't purchased ANYTHING yet so any advice on some of the things I'll need & the best place to buy supplies would be appreciated. I'm very interested in creating cars with the weathered & neglected look i.e. rust, primer, etc.

Any advice is appreciated,

Mark

Welcome Mark!

Most of us get our supplies from the local hobby shop (LHS).

Where are you at?

There are some good online shops also, if there are no shops close by.

Don't forget Hobby Link Japan (HLJ.com) for a lot of the great tools from Japan.

I drive a 2003 Chevy silverado Quad steer, Daily driver,restoring a 73, 340 rally dodge Challenger,and I also have a 1981 Harley

pics of the challenger?? my dads redoing his challenger too,was his 1st car. was a 318 auto car but his got a 340 in it from a 73 dart sport and a 4 speed trans.

heres a pic of it before he tucked it away in the corner of the garage for the winter

GeboeFamily002.jpg

No pic available, but you may have seen one in your rear view mirror..

My daily driver is a 1992 Chev Caprice, white, police car. Yep, it is big and ugly, but it is just stinking fast (believe me, I know fast...my last car was a 1969 SS396 Chevelle with a built 427 big block)! The cop car still has the high preformance chip, engine parts and the suspension to match. It runs on premium and needs speed rated tires....the only thing it won't pass is a gas station.

I started driving back in the muscle car days when big blocks were king...but this fuel injected V8 with a suspension that actually allows it to turn a corner at speed convinced me.

I would like my 1982 Vette back, but the old Caprice manages to fly under the speed radar a lot better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's my daily driver. A bone stock 1984 Mitsubishi Scorpion, I think they are called Chrysler Sopporo in the U.S.

Great little car that handles like a sports car.

Scorp1.jpg

my parents bought a brand new Plymouth Sapporo when we lived on Oahu, Hawaii in the early 80's..a cream yellow one..