Model Cars Magazine Forum

My daily driver is a silver 2003 Dodge Durango. But on the weekends, when the sun is out, and there is a car show near by, it's time to take out this beast.

005_5-vi.jpg

004_4-vi.jpg

011_11-vi.jpg

It's a 66 Plymouth Valiant Pro Street powered by a 440. It's not a long distance cruiser. You can't carry on a converstaion driving down the road because there is no sound dampening material in the interior. And cruising in Florida, in the summertime, with no A/C is not the greatest thing either.

But, all the looks that it gets, driving down the road, is worth every ounce of sweat.

1985 Pontiac Fiero 4-cyl 3-speed automatic -- I was driving it till my mom took it.

DSCF0039.JPG

She gave me this one. 1988 Pontiac Fiero 4-cyl 5-speed manual.

DSCF0043.JPG

My first car. I mean truck. Whatever; 1979 Elcamino GS. It's got a Buick 350 / TH400 in it--just a little more power than the stock V-6 :rolleyes: !

b_204720.jpg

I figure 5 Geo Metro convertibles is enough for now.

You can never have enough Swifts. All Metros, Sprints, and the Canadian Firefly, among others, are re-badged Suzuki Swifts.

I have a 87 turbo Sprint in white. Only available in red and white in 87 and 88. It is basicly a beater, and it's not the nicest or fastest car I've driven but it is the funest. Plus it gets 35+ miles per gallon. I've added a manual boost controller, boost gage, 2 inch exhaust with "Cherry Bomb" glass pack, and modified the blow-off valve for more boost. I'm guessing about 100+ hp (68hp stock). This is my weekend warrior. Besides my wife won't let me get rid of it. lol

My daily driver is a 89 plymouth reliant k-car. lauph all you want but it is dead reliable and granny fresh with only 120,000 km on the clock. It is perfect for my family needs.

Here's a pic of my DD Moss Green Metallic Cherokee Limited, it's running the 4.0l I-6, AW4 Automatic, NV/NP 242 full time 4wd T-Case and it was ordered without ABS (one of my favorite things about the truck!).

MuddyXJ1.jpg

All it's got so far is 235/75/15 Wrangler Silentarmors, GE High Output Halogens, Rancho RS5000's up front, Napa Airshocks out back, Drop in K&N in a modded air box (gapping hole dremeled into the front of a bone yard air box), Infinity Reference door speakers, and MPP ignition wires. I do need to replace the factory exhaust and want to replace that with a 2.25" FlowMaster 50 Series SUV muffler, install a Helwig 3/4" rear sway bar, maybe add some urethane front sway bar bushings, some kind of limited slip device (what idiot decided that Jeeps shouldn't have a factory limited slip standard......... :rolleyes: ), and new rear speakers. I do wish somebody would make boxed control arms for stock height XJ's though.

I wouldn't mind getting my hands one a cleaner, rust free one of these to build into a sleeper (full urethane suspension bushings, Stroked I-6, paddle shifted AW4, bigger sway bars, factory 15x8 wheels with pavement oriented tires, etc, and maybe cop springs and Liberty or ZJ rear disk swap B) ) The standard drive train is the OBD1 equivalent to mine (this one has ABS so it's got the D35 instead of the Chrysler 8.25" like mine does), plus it doesn't have airbags and is pretty light weight in full luxury form!

ChicagoAutoShow02-07088.jpg

Sadly I've spent too much on these two this summer instead......................

StampedeS-ST8.jpg

Just put the new Traxxas Brushless in this one, and have had to rebuild the trans twice and replace two stub axles since then :o:o:o :o BTW, this one is painted with the Model Master Lacquer Plum Crazy and Flat Black paints. I've been told repeatedly that this stuff will flake right off as soon as I wreck it, but I'm still waiting for that to happen ;)

WKExcursionmuddy2.jpg

and have been wheeling and modding the snot out of this one :DB)

Edited by Joe Handley

MY TURN! :D

04monte.gif

2004 Monte Carlo LS coupe. bought new in 2004 car has 130k miles on it (all freeway) i have had the oil changed 2-3 times a year. other than new disc brakes (pads and rotors) front and back and new tires, it is all original inside and out. it has one of the nicest engines ever put into a GM product the series 3400 V6 rated at about 180-200hp depending on year of car. The car has a set of SS style dual exhausts (cat converter then splits into 2 pipes with 2 mufflers with exhaust tips that poke out under rear fascia). The car has every option except onstar, leather, and moonroof.

This is what I WANT:

xy58.jpg

1980 malibu classic coupe, i had one identical to this one in high school. sadly it was totaled only a year after i had it almost totally restored ;). I WILL have another some day, but it has to be a coupe, not a sedan, i would not mind the wagon version though ;).

I just have some old junk right now. Under the junk on the roof is a 78 Mustang II. It's progressed a little since that photo was taken, but it's still pretty rough around the edges:

17b40f13.jpg

...and I just dragged this old boat out of the bushes last month. It's a 1960 Pontiac. Should make a nice cruiser one day.

DSC01476.jpg

DSC01480.jpg

Great Looking Projects you got there Jeff ;)

Me, my daily is a '96 Caprice 9C1(Yeah it's an L99, but it gets 16-18city/19-20 Hwy, with Heavy Foot, and 17-19city/21-22 Hwy Grampy Driving :P )

Mods so far: tuned PCM,ClearImageAutomotive Shorty Tubulars, and Minor other additions.

Long Term Project: '66 Olds Toronado(Don't live in a place where I can work on my cars beyond basic ;) ).

New B-day Present from GF: '77 GMC K25 Standard Cab 8ft. Bed., SBC 400 THM 400 backed. B)

Distant Slammer Custom(soon to be departing): Canadian '82 Olds Cutty Cruiser Way-Gone with 231 V6/THM350. I have a '78 Olds 350R bored 0.035 over with '68 350R Crank & Rods that was to replace the V6, but I am losing my Storage for it, and GF doesn't like old Wagons that aren't Customs already :D

Edited by Dragon7665

Sadly I've spent too much on these two this summer instead......................

StampedeS-ST8.jpg

Just put the new Traxxas Brushless in this one, and have had to rebuild the trans twice and replace two stub axles since then :P:o:o :o BTW, this one is painted with the Model Master Lacquer Plum Crazy and Flat Black paints. I've been told repeatedly that this stuff will flake right off as soon as I wreck it, but I'm still waiting for that to happen ;)

WKExcursionmuddy2.jpg

and have been wheeling and modding the snot out of this one :D;)

SWEET! nice to someone else on the board thats interested in RC cars/and trucks. nice stampede, im guessing, you got there and with that brushless setup i bet it goes pretty good, you have LiPos for it?

what caught my attention though is that Wheely King? you have, i like it and it is what kind of RCs im into, the scale 4X4 kind! B)

Edited by Nick F40

SWEET! nice to someone else on the board thats interested in RC cars/and trucks. nice stampede, im guessing, you got there and with that brushless setup i bet it goes pretty good, you have LiPos for it?

what caught my attention though is that Wheely King? you have, i like it and it is what kind of RCs im into, the scale 4X4 kind! ;)

Good eye on the Pede, I called a liar once several years ago when I told somebody what it was! No LiPo in it though, those still spook me a little. Even with a Venom 5000mAh Ni-MH pack it's kinda scary to drive, I had to replace my rear Big Bores after striping the cap and body out on one of them yesterday! Got to go, Little Sister's Brairwoody (the wood covered XJ) is having battery problems.

Good eye on the Pede, I called a liar once several years ago when I told somebody what it was! No LiPo in it though, those still spook me a little. Even with a Venom 5000mAh Ni-MH pack it's kinda scary to drive, I had to replace my rear Big Bores after striping the cap and body out on one of them yesterday! Got to go, Little Sister's Brairwoody (the wood covered XJ) is having battery problems.

Brought the battery from the Brairwoody home to try and charge it, alternator is probably dead. The truck does have nearly 200k on it and even if it isn't OE that's not bad.

I'm waiting for some more batteries with the new Traxxas connector to come out and try, supposedly there will be some high mAh 7 cell packs coming out around Christmas time! The other one is a WK, I've stretched it with Lundsford Adjustable Titanium Pushrods for the Revo on Savage rod ends and E-Savage driveshafts. I've been bouncing around the idea of making a custom chassis for my Venom Mini-Giant so I can stretch it out and put a Parma Lexan Lunchbox body on it and make a 1/12 scale Quiggly style van and may even be able to cut a lexan LB body into a Tradesman Cab/Chassis based War Pig ;)

OK, you asked.

Daily driver, bone stock, 78 Pinto Sedan Delivery, 4cyl, 4 spd, 215000 miles.

Pinto.jpg

#2, Inherited this from my oldest son when he blew it up.

85 Camaro, stock except for wheels.

Camaro.jpg

#3, Gave this to son #2, 71 GMC Sprint.

In the background are my trusty dusty 73 GMC 1/2 ton and my 78 4wd 'burban

TrustyDusty.jpg

Heres the rest. Some projects, Some just for parts.

ElCams.jpg

PartsProjects.jpg

Daily driver, bone stock, 78 Pinto Sedan Delivery, 4cyl, 4 spd, 215000 miles.

Pinto.jpg

#3, Gave this to son #2, 71 GMC Sprint.

In the background are my trusty dusty 73 GMC 1/2 ton and my 78 4wd 'burban

TrustyDusty.jpg

PartsProjects.jpg

that Pinto is sick! :D my uncle would love it! B)

also, um do you plan on getting rid of those 4x4s? :lol: