Model Cars Magazine Forum

Both of my rides are 2002 model year trucks. Here's a pic of the big one.

DSC00243.jpg

My little truck that I drive when I'm home I can't find my pix of, but it's a 2002 Chevy Sliverado extended cab, Forest Green Metallic is the color. It's the 4th personal vehicle I ever had. It's also the only thing I ever bought brand new. 2 more payments and she's all mine. 4.8L V8, all the goodies, Graphite Gray cloth interior. I love this little truck and I'm keeping it. I don't want to go through the thing of making payments again, and I'm not that crazy about a lot of the newer body styles on cars and pickups. So I will be keeping this truck. Eventually I will add some graphics. The tractor is being painted to match. Green is my favorite color. Eventually, models will be built of both.

Guest Anthony Oteri

Yuppie scum? Oh well, at least you build models and watch hockey!

Take care Steve, see you at Classic Plastic hopefully.

Yuppie scum? Oh well, at least you build models and watch hockey!

Take care Steve, see you at Classic Plastic hopefully.

I'll be at classic Plastic, without a doubt.

I do a lot of long-distance driving, so the Volvo's a great choice for me because the seats are so darn comfortable.

I would say i had a -77 mercedes 230, but me dad pulled one on me and

tricked it of me to trade for his damned snowmobile, wich I had to repair.

So right now i only have one car, but im looking for a couple of Chevys to

fill the quote.

Anyhow, ive got the -83 Saab 900 "Saabillac" to-be oldschool sheriff cruiser, Cadillac lookalike.

And if things go well, i i'll have the -78 Malibu on the Yard by this sommer.

Ill hook it up with a 4-pump system to blow it into the sky.

Also lost the -75 Trans Am i was goin to restore a while ago.

Cars are ment to be driven, so offcourse i drive em every day! anything less is a trailer queen in my eyes.

Also i lost the -75 Trans Am i was going to restore a while ago.

But as said, i only have da Saab right now. :lol:

HPIM2383-vi.jpg

I had both cars for about a month until the Camaro sold last fall. Anyone who has talked to me for more than five minutes has heard more than they'd probably like about both cars.

The Camaro has a V-6 and auto while the GTA has a 5.0 and 5 speed making it a GT NOT A. About 800 or so were built in 1988 with the manual transmission. That also got you the 3.45 rearend. The car has been kind of a gooch since I got it in 2006 since I have had no time or money to progress in the much needed retoration. My progress so far is the replacement of 1 spark plug on a late winter day when it was snowing.

Well, this summer the work is going start. The journey of $15K starts with the first $300 (still needs its PA inspection)

Ok, Here's a few of my toys:

First up is the "GeoZuki"

23Aug01.jpg

1991 Geo Metro Convertible with a Suzuki Swift GTi motor. Also has four wheel disk brakes and sway bars from the Swift GTi

This is my Suzuki Swift autocross special

2002autox2.jpg

It's got urethane bushings all around, a lowering kit, full harness and some other goodies. Oh yeah, a custom rattle-can 50-50 paint job. You know, it looks good a 50 feet and 50 mph.

And my latest toy

ssr1.jpg

2005 Chevy SSR. It's got a 6.0L LS2 motor with a 6 speed.

HPIM2383-vi.jpg

I had both cars for about a month until the Camaro sold last fall. Anyone who has talked to me for more than five minutes has heard more than they'd probably like about both cars.

The Camaro has a V-6 and auto while the GTA has a 5.0 and 5 speed making it a GT NOT A. About 800 or so were built in 1988 with the manual transmission. That also got you the 3.45 rearend. The car has been kind of a gooch since I got it in 2006 since I have had no time or money to progress in the much needed retoration. My progress so far is the replacement of 1 spark plug on a late winter day when it was snowing.

Well, this summer the work is going start. The journey of $15K starts with the first $300 (still needs its PA inspection)

YOu could always fly out to Vegas and practice on my '88 Iroc 5.0, 5spd.. :D

its finally getting back together after tearing the top end off almost 2 years ago for a headgasket job...

but both your cars are by far better lookin than mine...

YOu could always fly out to Vegas and practice on my '88 Iroc 5.0, 5spd.. :P

its finally getting back together after tearing the top end off almost 2 years ago for a headgasket job...

but both your cars are by far better lookin than mine...

Yes over the past four years I had fixed the glitches on an overall pretty clean car bodywise for the Camaro, but it still had no power and self-changing oil. The GTA is a different story. Long story short...it's a body shops dream and my nightmare.

Cool thread. Lots of solid daily drivers. 8)

Here's mine - 96 GMC Sonoma - I had plans of trading it towards the next "family truckster" (to park by the wife's 2001 Camry) but some :!: :!: :!: :!: hit and run my truck in a parking lot a year ago while my band was playing. HOWEVER it still runs straight and true, starts on the coldest day in the winter, and gets great gas mileage with the enormous power-plant - 4 cylinder 5-speed. :D Now it's a beater/work truck as any good GM truck should be and I'm running the tires off of it until it quits. 8)

DSC02608.jpg

Some realy nice rides and some boring things too!! My latest daily driver is a 1991 light blue cadillac deville springtime edition( very rare) with white carraige top, powered moonroof, white leather interior fully loaded of course, 130,000 miles on the Northstar 4.9 V8, basically newer version of the old 500's. Shes got tons of sh.. and get!! She will sqaull the tires so far no matter the speed if I drop it a gear and pound the floor. I have also left rubber for a full block and threw rubber behind me a good 35 feet!!A very nice classy car but yet will smoke the heck out of a camaro iroc, taurus sho with tuner mods, subaru with tuner mods, lil red wagon, justy,cutlas calais sport , omni glh, 52 belair, chevelle 350, and yet Im still looking for more to beat.Honestly, no ones beat me yet except the coppers!! There have been countless vehicles on the parway ready to pound the pedal to get in front of me, I smile and naturally allow them a spot behind me.Only downfalls is repairs are expensive :oops:

OK I'll play.

My 1:1 daily driver...which I do a lot of. June 1st it will be 4 years old, and I just turned 111,000 miles !

Im002555.jpg

Stock photo of my other car...My wifes car.

04-pilot-hero.jpg

And the car I wish I had a lot more time to drive...The rain here is hindering my fun already !

RF_digital450.jpg

• 3 months later...