Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ferrari 330 P3/4

Scale-Master

Judging by the size of the wheels depicted near the ruler, I'd say this is smaller than 1/25 scale.

Yea Monty you are right. I need to hold off posting until after I've had some sleep!

And Mark what you do to little bitty kits is amazing.

Crazy Ed

The body is resin (with a few PE detail parts) and needed some clean-up. The vent slots needed the most attention, and the front splitter was C shaped so I cut it out and replaced it with a stainless steel piece I made up.

Tamiya Italian Red was applied, as well as the decals…

DSC00035.jpg

DSC00034.jpg

That is the same LeMans version I am am making. It's last run. It also ran earlier at Sebring and Targa Florio with different numbers and sponsors.

Sadly the real car suffered a rear tire flat from the debris of a wreck that the driver skilfully avoided. Unfortunately the puncture occured just past the pits and the driver attempted to limp the car around the entire circuit trying to get back to the pits. Once the tire disintegrated the magnesium wheel started a fire that engulfed the rear of car. As fire moved forward into the cockpit it became clear he was not going to make it back to the pits. The driver had to jump from the moving vehicle to avoid being burned. It did not make it back to the pits and burned trackside.

The model will be of the way it started the race, not the way it finished...

PS, the seatbelts are the wrong color on that die-cast...

Edited by Scale-Master

The kit did not come with windows, not that it mattered too much, the kit was supposed to only supply sheet clear plastic. I made a template for the windshield and rear window, the side door windows were made from measurements. Like the real car (unfortunately) they mount from the outside. I made decals to clean up the edges were they mounted to the body.

They did provide vac-u-formed headlight covers…

Still more details to add, but I think it is near the final stretch of assembly.

DSC00083.jpg

DSC00084.jpg