Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

" Mercury Rising": 49 Mercury Convertible / "Bubble Top"

John Teresi

Hello.......I decided to put a Flathead engine into the "Mercury is Rising".......wired and plumbed using "Pro tech" part`s.....engine is painted H.O.K. kandy Red and tran`s painted alclad.......floor -pan painted Alclad and weathered........firewall wired........ and I made a custom battery box.......frame painted alclad .....wheel`s and engine assembled to frame.......I will hook up the brake lines and fuel line tonight......thank`s for looking.

DSCF0774.jpg

DSCF0772.jpg

DSCF0776.jpg

DSCF0781.jpg

DSCF0780.jpg

Is that the electric hybrid version of the flat head? Does it at least run on alternative fuel sources?

Also, I've made a decision. I'm buying stock in Alclad. As long as you can hold an airbrush John, that's a safe investment.

Giga Kudos on another awe inspiring build.

Edited by Batzilla

I know this will cheese off the fanboys, but too bad ... why do all that work and not remove the raised copyright lettering from the floorpan? It kind of sticks out like a sore thumb, especially painted with Alclad.

I like what I see John, except I have to agree with Ken...the copyright lettering between the rear wheel wells sticks out like a sore thumb!The Alclad in the engine compartment looks great as does the engine itself. I like the wheels and tires, too!

Those wheels are great, they are looking so clean and smooth! I like the engine detailing, as always, amazing job John. Alclad looks great. Only critic comes from those textes on the chassis, but I think, they don't matter too much on a finished model. Keep this coming, very nice project to watch. Can't wait to see more bodywork, and the color.

The fan should be on the water pump, not the generator

Michael.......thank you for your input ......it made me decide to go without the fan...... I was wondering myself........ why? the fan was connected to the generator.......I have other reference pictures that show the engine without the fan.......but,it clearly show`s the fan connected to the generator in these Revell instruction sheet pictures......thank`s.

DSCF0803.jpg

DSCF0805.jpg