Model Cars Magazine Forum

microsoft office how to?

Hi guys I`m using microsoft word and would like to know how move the pictures around on the page. trying to do decals and there all close together and would like to move them so there not so close to next one. Any help would be great and any other things you can think about what i can use this program let me know. Need as much help as possiable.

John Pol

Why not try PrintMaster v18, not the full version, but the CD? I bought mine @ Staples for under $10. American! Amazon has it now for $4.99

http://www.amazon.com/Encore-18930-PrintMaster-18-JC/dp/B002CMNUA6

It is easy to use. You can either upload a pic, or just copy & paste. Just beware... get this specific product! The company has since been sold, and their new stuff is not as good. Just follow the link above.

413hPaTmKyL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Hi guys I`m using microsoft word and would like to know how move the pictures around on the page. trying to do decals and there all close together and would like to move them so there not so close to next one. Any help would be great and any other things you can think about what i can use this program let me know. Need as much help as possiable.

John Pol

When you enter them as pictures, you create "boxes"..mouse over the boxes and you can move them around...you may need major moving or just a couple of spaces

John,

I use MS Word all the time for decals and it works great for me in most instances. When you insert the image into the page, the image is "in line with text". You need to change that to "in front of text", then you can move them and resize them any where you want on the page. Without knowing what version of Word you're using I can't tell you specifically how to do that, but if you use the Help feature with those key words (or Google), you'll likely figure it out.

-Art

John,

I use MS Word all the time for decals and it works great for me in most instances. When you insert the image into the page, the image is "in line with text". You need to change that to "in front of text", then you can move them and resize them any where you want on the page. Without knowing what version of Word you're using I can't tell you specifically how to do that, but if you use the Help feature with those key words (or Google), you'll likely figure it out.

-Art

I'd forgotten about that!!

On my Epsom printer I can only choose a quality like "Best Photo". There is also a setting for "high speed" which I turn off. I usually use Photo Presentation paper (a bit thinner than glossy photo paper), but there are other choices.

If your printer allows resolution choices, I would experiment starting with a high one.

I used to use tables in Word, you can adjust the size of the boxes to fit the decals you have. Small decals like license plates might get 10 -12 columns (1" +/-) while larger decals obviously will get fewer. You can also go into the tables settings and turn off the borders. The box outlines will still show as light grey lines on the screen, but they will not print on the sheet.

If you right click on the image you can resize with actual dimensions (0.25" etc) instead of just getting it kind of close. The actual size of the decal will vary slightly based on how large the blank area left around the image is, just a hair over and you are pretty close, but if you leave a large canvas around a small decal then the actual decal size can be way off from the size you enter, so cropping close to the image is important.