Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dodge Grand Caravan (headlights Fixed)

Rick Schmidt

Decided to bust out a quick build. Did just a spray and build type build. Not much to a Stock Grand Caravan. Laid down Krylon silver over the molded red body which seems to have killed the red. Put some grey on the bumpers and side trim. It may be a bit light from original but I've seen em in varying shades of grey so I'm leavin it. And to answer the inevitable question of Why did I build it?? Cause I wanted it lol I'm weird like that lol

Taking note of the funky look the headlights have and am remedyin that issue as I post lol

S7302719.jpg

S7302718.jpg

S7302717.jpg

Fixed the issue with the headlights

S7302721.jpg

Edited by Rick Schmidt

Nicely done, but I seem to remember that they came with the bumpers either painted body color, or a flat finish very dark gray, almost black... I don't remember them with light gray shiny bumpers.

I think that depended on which trim version you got, like the LE or ES upgrades. If this is the Lindberg kit, it shows what you describe, but other 1:1 Grand Caravans from about 1996 are shown in all body color, or sometimes with just a darker side molding. So strictly speaking, the bumpers should be as you say or in body color.

In any case, this is a really nice build.

Edited by sjordan2

Nicely done, but I seem to remember that they came with the bumpers either painted body color, or a flat finish very dark gray, almost black... I don't remember them with light gray shiny bumpers.

What Skip said. B)

Easlily the cleanest example of this kit I've seen in a long time. I keep wanting to get one to convert into a mid-engine drag van.

Harry all the ones I found pics of or seen in person have lighter grey bumpers nowhere near black. Might be sun bleaching in action tho. You are right about the Shiny they did shine more than they should have but I went ahead and left it alone they aren't as shiny as the pics make them to be As for them being body color I've seen more in grey than ever in body color

That's nicer than the 1:1 my boss lets me drive!

As for the headlights, every one of that vintage (199- to 2000) are now fogged over from hazy plastic lens.

Plastic headlights on a model... no problem.

Plastic headlights on a 1:1... problem.