Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16th 57 Chevy Turbo ProMod (03-14-13) Finished Bull-Horns with V-band clamps

Prostreet

Thx. Greg, This build will be on hold for a little while, The flashpoint engine just wasn't working for the way I wanted to do my intake . I have been in contact with Paul and he is doing one of his engines for me. Hopefully I won't have to change my frontend to much, I will probably redo my headers and may even run the turbos out front now, Once I get the engine I will start up on it again.

Hey Joe, good stuff man, you won't be disappointed for sure mate. It's a great motor which Paul does. :) B)

Yeah, here's wishing you well, and you don't need to alter much up front mate. Good luck with things and keep us posted as it happens. :)

Bart, if it's the BAE style motor like mine, I have some dimensions for you.

Overall length at blower base, 1.119" including the burst panel. It does extend maybe an extra fraction (1/16-1/8) out back at the very base.

Overall height is .321"

Blower base width .697"

Overall width (tops of manifold/head junction) is .875"

And across the very base of the valley is .588"

Hope this kinda helps out mate. :)

a little milling on the lathe huh Joe? that is nice work man! looking sweet!

Little Bit lol.

Little Update, Finally have one complete part. I have finished the rear wheel's, Used SMBC 1/16-1/18 tire decals then hit them with some model masters Dull coat. I'm happy with the way they turned out, My Paul Rowe 526 showed up also and is a very nice piece of work. Upon initial inspection it looks like it will go right in with out any modifications to the current frame which made me very happy, i will start mounting it tomorrow after work. I also wanna work on a different header setup and start on the lower intake.

66e8518b.jpg

f0756865.jpg

Man Joe those rear wheels and tires with the decals look friking awesome! I sent you a PM for some insight from you... :) I have been looking for stencils for the Hoosier due to not wanting to end up with this so called silvering effect. Looks like yours came out exceptionally well!

On that Paul Rowe motor, what are those two pieces at the bottom, is that the off set part for the distributor?

Joe... Killer update Bro!! Those rear wheels look awesome with the red on the bead locks. the decals turned out great on them as well. Very nice job on these. That motor from Paul Rowe looks very nice too. I can't wait to see what you have in store for your next update. Keep on doing what you are doing because it is looking great!

Joe, can you send those rears down to me please.? I'll send you some unstarted ones in return. :D ;)

Man, they look SWEET ! As Bart said, looks like you nailed the finish with the decals, great work man. :)

Pleased you got onto Paul's motor too. ;)

I was looking at the pic (noticing no blower) and thought, hang on.....Joe's holding out on us. Then..DUH ! I remembered, twin turbo. :lol:

Also very happy that is should slide straight in mate, that's a huge bonus. :)

Bart, they are indeed the 2-part offset drive. I chose to make my own, and it's probably not as good as Paul's. :wacko: :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Not much of an update, Been busy as heck with regular work and side work. I did start on a new front suspension, My old front end the struts were to far away from the wheel and i didn't like the way it looked. I screwed up the Hubs Jim(micronitro) made for my wheels so i turned some new ones. So far i have the motor mounted to the midplate and the main part of the strut mounts made, should be able to finish it up tommarrow after work. I will eventually turn down caps for the top of where the upper strut mounts. With the blower on there almost makes me wanna go that route. I will have some updates tommarrow night.

Front suspension Before:

e9bc2f8e.jpg

Front suspension After:

9f79aaec.jpg

This is the type of front mounts i'm going for:

Graham%20Ellis%209.jpg

New wheel Hubs:

f05bc4e0.jpg

Joe... Awesome work Bro... It is looking very nice. I think it would look killer with that blower and injector hat sitting out of the top of the hood. I really like the new front suspension set up.It is looking awesome!! Keep up the great work man!

I'm seeing twins here... You and Tyrone should put the two together for a photo shoot!

I am more of a blower kinda guy, so seeing you put that down between the rails just looks sweet. But at the same time you don't see many turbo builds, so anything different does kinda stand out in the crowd.

Keep up the great work Joe!

Oh and those new HUB's look sweet, congrats on turning those yourself! Next is doing the wheels, Jim better watch out! :D

i hope you reconsider the blower deal, joe. i think the turbos were lookin pretty good on there. if you're having a hard time with the tubing and headers have you tried plastruct? they have pre-made tight radius tubing bends. maybe just the ticket to get the "pipes" right.

Joe the build is looking awesome... nice job on re-doing the front end.. I was diiggin the turbo set up you had going... but I also like the blower sitting up front also... I'll leave that up to you..I'd say you cant loose either way...

Thx. Guys, Turbo's are not out yet. Dave im gonna ordered some of those bends you are talking about, Gonna give the headers another shot. With the size of the turbo's and the Rod i need to use just doesn't look right to me.

Edited by Prostreet