Model Cars Magazine Forum

2007 Shelby GT500

mrmike

• 2 weeks later...

I missed the posting up here of this build,Mike,this is an awesome build so far,I can't WAIT to see it finished! I was planning on (whenever I get to it) building mine in red too,LOL,inspired by the one Will Smith drove in the movie "I Am Legend",nice to see it in this cor,shows me what it'll lookk like :D

Edited by Olskoolrodder

Thanks Stephen! This one is coming along as I have hoped for. I haven't done anything on the body and with the chassis nearly finished, it's time to get going on the body again. I have found a couple of flaws in the paint after the last coat so i will need to take care of those and then sot the body again.

I had to look at the IMCDB for the Mustang that was in I Am Legend and that is a red Mustang! I'll be looking forward to seeing your WIP.

Mr. Mike is building Mustangs???

Has someone knocked the Earth off its axis?

:lol:

Just kidding! Not bad work for a MOPAR guy! B)

Harry, didn't you feel the Earth go off axis when I built my '67 Impala SS some months back? I thought I was going to fall off the Earth when I built that model. And, I have two more Chevys to build and a '72 Olds as well! Yes, this Mopar guy is branching out into more unfamiliar territory. Wait a minute...I have always built Mustangs!!! What?!! :huh::D

Thanks Rick and Bradley!

I decided to wetsand the body as I found way too many flaws in the paint. After washing the body and letting it air-dry, I mock up the body, interior, and chassis to check for fit and then added the wheels and tires under the fenders to get an idea of what's it going to look like.

GT500028.jpg

Using some sheet styrene, I made the airbox. I will cut out a hole in the corner for the air tube.

GT500029.jpg

The Shelby GT500 has an open element air filter and with the kit air box removed, the tube wasn't long enough. I added a short piece of tube from the '06 Mustang air intake tube.

GT500030.jpg

More to come...

I need to make a few changes to the engine blower and valve covers as I have painted them the wrong color. The blower should be black and the valve covers are black and silver.

GT50031.jpg

GT50032.jpg

A mock up of the extended air tube with a repainted air filter.

GT50033.jpg

More to come...