Model Cars Magazine Forum

`41 Plymouth.

Diesel Gypsy

Looks great! Great color choicw, and, you seem to have the hang of foiling already. I've used it numerous times and to be hinest, particularly around windows, it still gives me fits sometimes! Nice to see a stock 41 Plymouth, my Dad courted my Mom in a 41 Plymouth!

Hey Fella's.

Sorry about the delay, sometimes life just keeps getting tin the way doesn't it ;)

So, the story so far;

I've sprayed the chassis & all the bits `n' bobs with acrylic matt black from a rattle can. I didn't have a gloss black ratteler so I airbrushed Humbrol enamel gloss black on all the chassis bits`n`bobs. They came out ok-ish but not great but after some subtle weathering I think they'll look fine,

PA080085.jpg

Then came the wheels;

I'd really like to hear what you think about the way I've painted & weathered them.

Firstly on the tyres; I free-hand painted the white walls with an artists acrylic white paint. They looked ok, but very stark. I wasn't that happy with the finish because I wanted them to have a "used" look, something a little more mellow. When the paint was almost dry I lightly dusted on a mixture of pastle chalk. Firstly to tone down the white walls & secondly to take the shine from the tyres. I was after a dusty aged effect, which I hope the pale yellow & brown chalk gives them, & I wanted them to look like they'd been kerbed, hopefully they do.

PA080087.jpg

Thanks for all your comments guys.

The build might slow a bit as today I had an accident at work.

Three weeks ago I had a "Carpal Tunnel Relief" operation on my right hand. Today at work I squashed the same hand in the Swing Tree of a carriage while hitching up a pair of Stallions, I don't mind admitting it brought a tear to my eye.

If you're interested, this is where I work;

http://www.blagdonhorsedrawncarriages.com/