Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tamiya's New Primer is out

I'll just stick with my Duplicolor primer or my can of Automotive primer that i have. only paid $5 for my duplicolor last year and if i remember right is was buy 1 get one free. I have had no luck with Tamiya paints except for the water base stuff. Every can of Tamiya i ahve tried always turns out like the old testors enamels.

Yes all they did was put a new label over the old...and it is in English!....i picked some up about 2 weeks ago (N.California)....same product...just a different label..as to now the label states:

This product contains chemicals which are known to the state of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm.

Which is ok i still use it....now i wonder about the glue...:)

Ahh good ol california, what they wouldn't do to make the rest of the world miserable. Their next trick is to make tamiya relabel their cans because its contents could harm the bohemian crested dung beetle of the redwood forest.

:lol: :lol: :lol: That's Funny..to tell you the truth...i would not be surprised..California and it's Politic's....

now the label states:

This product contains chemicals which are known to the state of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm.

so basically as long as you dont smoke it or sleep with it you should be safe?

C'mon people its not rocket surgery

$7.50 a can? No thank you. I'll stick with Duplicolor. B)

If you're using Tamiya paints they'll soak right into the Duplicolor primer, making it difficult to get a smooth finish. I always use Tamiya's primer if I'm using Tamiya sprays because of that reason.

Glad to see they're back.

I wonder why it isn't known to do these things anywhere but California? (tongue in cheek)

lol, i heard theyre putting the same disclaimer on water too.

their state slogan should be

California, Everything gives you cancer