Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tamiya's New Primer is out

:lol: :lol: :lol:

i live in cali and well, i feel the same way as mr ross and everyone on here. there are some stupid laws going into affect here.

did you know that in LA they are harrassing property owners and artist because of murals?!? raiding artists homes, harrassing the owners with hefty fines and jail time. this state is going down and its going down hard.

anyone have suggestions as where to move where i wouldn't have to deal with these idiotic laws and rules that these greedy fat cats make?? <_<

California, Everything gives you cancer

California gives me ... well, lets just say ... lower intestinal heartburn!

Sounds like the new stuff is here in Aridzona now ... guess I need to go get a can.

Gregg, do you know if we have to stand on our heads to spray it from those new cans?

Edited by Danno

If you're using Tamiya paints they'll soak right into the Duplicolor primer, making it difficult to get a smooth finish. I always use Tamiya's primer if I'm using Tamiya sprays because of that reason.

Glad to see they're back.

This is very true...Tamiya Paints=Tamiya Primer...at least from a Quality Point of View...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

i live in cali and well, i feel the same way as mr ross and everyone on here. there are some stupid laws going into affect here.

did you know that in LA they are harrassing property owners and artist because of murals?!? raiding artists homes, harrassing the owners with hefty fines and jail time. this state is going down and its going down hard.

anyone have suggestions as where to move where i wouldn't have to deal with these idiotic laws and rules that these greedy fat cats make?? &lt;_&lt;

Over murals? What are they looking for....besides money?

they made some people in Chicago paint over theirs only have gangs take over the wall then have the city crying to the artists to put it back, in which then the artist charges the city a 4 figure sum to paint a new one.

trouble if you ask me. but just money i think..lols. greed in man brings down the biggest of them. just wondering when it will happen'

you know i didn't know about the duplicolor primer with tamiya paints. hm, good to know.

I see a NEW label on the lacquer thinner......I can read it clearly I do not want to ever learn Japanese so I now can read the label. As a state certified PCO I feel quite strongly about labels.....I think the wait is over....here is a new label!!!

ltamr7077.jpg

Tower also has X20A 250 ml back!

tamr8140.jpg

Edited by MIKE THE MANIAC

If you're using Tamiya paints they'll soak right into the Duplicolor primer, making it difficult to get a smooth finish. I always use Tamiya's primer if I'm using Tamiya sprays because of that reason.

Wheni used it ididn't soak into the duplicolor primerit just ran off. then whenit did stick it. It had like air bubble in it like the old testors enamel used to do. For $7.50 I'll buy the Duplicolor and have three times the paint for less.I threw away all the Tamiya paint i had

white is available again? great!

i bought and used some duplicolor white primer on suggestion from someone around here, and it was ok but definately not as fine as that tamiya white primer. looked like grain actually...easily sanded flat but you dont need that with tamiya. even though the price is outrageous, the product is worth it imo.

Makes no difference when spraying Duplicolor over Duplicolor, though. ;)

I don't know about that Chuck. I find that with Tamiya primers, the final primer coat is so perfect, it makes your final color coats straight as glass! Every time I have used DupliColor, and I love the Primer Filler (buy that once a week it seems), I have to sand the daylights out of the primer to get it anywhere near an unsanded Tamiya primer sprayed body.

Maybe it's the humidity here, but DupliColor is always a lot more work. Tamiya, one or two coats and it's ready for final! Alex says he will always spray Tamiya Grey primer, sand, then white, sand, and if need to, white again.

It's all in the prep work.

And yes, you have to stand on your head to spray that one can upside down.

The new directions says that if you are in Hawaii, you hold the can steady in two hands, and jump up and down for a minute to shake the can up.

Yeah, Duplicolor is pretty sensitive to humidity, that's the one thing I don't really like about it. I know its true that ALL paints are vulnerable to humidity, but it seems like Duplicolor is even 'touchier' than most others when humidity comes into the equation. On the plus side, it has always sanded beautifully for me, and cures quickly.

I do like the Tamiya acrylics (the stuff that comes in the small glass bottles for brush or airbrush application), and I've never had any trouble with the Taimya acrylics seeping into Duplicolor primer, though I have had a few isolated issues with the Tamiya not wanting to adhere to the Duplicolor, though I'm not sure if that's the nature of the two paints or just something I'm screwing up.