Model Cars Magazine Forum

your work bench

• 1 month later...

I've posted these in another part of the forum, but thought I'd share here as well. This is my space, which is part of our home office. It's a computer work station that you can close up to hide the mess, so that everything blends in the room. I have storage for my kits downstairs in our storage area. We turned the basement into an apartment, so this is the only area I have to work in. I like it, hope you guys do.

Tony

post-8758-0-94155100-1322017602_thumb.jp

post-8758-0-70457800-1322017617_thumb.jp

post-8758-0-91566700-1322017645_thumb.jp

post-8758-0-43724000-1322017664_thumb.jp

Edited by Tony-442

• 4 months later...

Dr. Cranky! I didn't know you were on this forum! I had just PM'd you on YouTube the other day about if I got the process for salting correct. Thanks again.

Great video as always

I've been here since 2006. Seems like an eternity, and I think I've got some cobwebs growing between my ears. :D

Whats going on with that Healy ?

Looks like one of those old, multi-piece bodys... kind of a pain to build but they look pretty darn good if you do 'em right.

Ed, your bench looks a lot like mine. Creativity is definitely NOT a pretty site! Any chance of getting to see that Healy when it's finished?

Here's mine in a rare pic, it's clean. However if I took a current pic it would be buried with 5 projects.

Main Bench

Shop003-2.jpg

Paint area

Shop009.jpg

Dio area where I do my plaster, and base prep.

Shop001-3.jpg

The rest can be seen here at the link.

http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a2/mercman51/Bench/

Not shown here are the reference library, storage areas, and shelves with future projects. Also my saws, ans drill press.

Paul and Mercman; where did you guys get those slim shelves that your paints are on? I have been looking for them and was thinking about just building some.

I built it out of a piece of scrap pressboard a friend gave to me. I started by using the paints as a guide for shelf height and went from there. Here's a closer look

room034-vi.jpg