Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius? News coming up this month?

So Dave Metzner, after giving us that beautiful Lonestar earlier this year, can we expect some good news this month? When can we expect some insight?

I'm not pushing here, mind you, I'm just getting a little excited from the things I've read about lately on some forums... Man, can't wait! Almost getting as excited

as Robb Mariani from American Trucker!!

Everyone keeps talking about alot of Internationals. How about a Sterling? It would be cool to build a modern Air Force hauler. Local cargo deliveries. Both on and off base stuff. They have used a ton of the LTL Fords in the past and continued with the Sterling. (It's the new Ford right?) They use some Internationals too......but I would be surprised if they ever pay for a Lone Star. Even a day cab.

just about anything new would be welcome... How about that Big Mack Titan? That IS new and bold enough, no? (YES I said Big Mack, pun intended!). And a 3 axle Lowboy trailer. Then later, juste to be unusual, make some kind of late model big machine to put on this such as a loader, backhoe, bulldozer, whatever!

Please, something from this century!? I love the old trucks too, but a new style KW, Pete, or Mack would be my favorites. I know if I were running things I would produce whatever kit like the old 2 in 1 car kits, say a W900L with both a mid roof and aerodyne tops, no offense to the resin guys, throw in a day cab panel too!

My 2 cents,

Mark

my opinion ..a 53' spread axle drop deck would sell real well..and yes any truck kit with a c-15 twin turbo cat would be much wanted by me ..

Heck I would buy the C15 as a "mini kit" they did it with the allison engines??????? I have several projects here, most newer, and this Italeri series 60 is getting old to look at! LOL

Mark

They have used a ton of the LTL Fords in the past and continued with the Sterling. (It's the new Ford right?)

Actually Barry, the Sterling is a Freightliner Diamler/Benz name now. You are right that is more or less a new Ford though too, at least in the heavy truck market. I forget the particulars, but when Ford was getting out of the Class 8 truck market, the new Sterlings were nothing more than a rebadged Ford Aeromax. I think I even remember reading somewhere that Freightliner specifically made the new Sterling badge so it would fit in the place of the old Ford Blue Oval! As for lighter duty Sterlings, they were rebadged F series trucks, but the newest are rebadged Dodges.

I have several projects here, most newer, and this Italeri series 60 is getting old to look at! LOL

Mark

Mark, feel free to send me all those Series 60s you're getting tired of. I'll take a mean green Detroit over a Cummapart anyday!! :D

Please, something from this century!? I love the old trucks too, but a new style KW, Pete, or Mack would be my favorites. I know if I were running things I would produce whatever kit like the old 2 in 1 car kits, say a W900L with both a mid roof and aerodyne tops, no offense to the resin guys, throw in a day cab panel too!

My 2 cents,

Mark

That, and a choice of wheels, 10 hole chrome buds, or painted 2 holes... Spoke wheels?! Optional exhaust locations, back of cab or cab sides, When available, engine options. AMT used to do it on some trucks, such as the GMC Astro. Those would make my day. Since some kits are getting pretty expensive, make them worthwhile, put those options in! Ohhh and please, Revell and Italeri, please get rid of those ridiculous decoration panel decals. Those are such a waist! Replace those with OEM stripes, just like on the Pete 378 Long Hauler or the Freightliner FLC, those are pretty darn good. A couple color options for those decals would have been nice though. Sure hope Moebius are going to shake thing up a bit more again this time! Surprise us!

Edited by Z06Bob

Actually Barry, the Sterling is a Freightliner Diamler/Benz name now. You are right that is more or less a new Ford though too, at least in the heavy truck market. I forget the particulars, but when Ford was getting out of the Class 8 truck market, the new Sterlings were nothing more than a rebadged Ford Aeromax. I think I even remember reading somewhere that Freightliner specifically made the new Sterling badge so it would fit in the place of the old Ford Blue Oval! As for lighter duty Sterlings, they were rebadged F series trucks, but the newest are rebadged Dodges.

Sterling got the 1996+ Louisville too. That is a kit I wouldn't mind seeing and it could be offered as both a Ford & a Sterling.

Something that can be made from the Lonestar makes the most sense though. I think other than the hood, most of the modern heavy IH trucks are pretty much the same, so they should be able to get some milage from the Lonestar tooling.

Edited by Aaronw