Model Cars Magazine Forum

68 Camaro El General Pro Mod (updates 05/06/12)

tyrone

Thanks guys for the comments guys, I appreciate it...

Joe I have not decided on a color yet, I leaning towards the El Genral paint scheme or something like it...

NIko, this will be another big nos engine, after this one I think I'll take a break, I have a few blown projects lined up..

David I have thought about the 1/16th scales but I feel most comfortable with the 1/25th stuff, plus I have accumulated a lot of parts and stuff for this scale, the main thing holding me back is a lack if parts, and I would want a nitrous set up if I ever do one.

Thanks again fellas...

• 4 weeks later...

Looking good Tyrone, Would love to see you do a turbo car next. What do you do for the front clip mounts?

yeah... that would be cool... After being corrected, if not Turbo's, even going SuperChargers with NOS would be a cool way to go... Gotta go big or go home! Make it like this 63 corvette!

63vette_outlaw12.jpg

This one would fit the bill, as it is "LiL Evils" 69 or 68 Camaro.

DSCN7867.jpg

Edited by eviltwincustoms

But these Turbos were great. They are from Martin Lunqvist's Turbo Pro Mod Camaro. Picture is taken in Alastaro, Finland and Martin is from Sweden. This Pro Mod did run 6,1 at Tierp Arena, Sweden and it had 403 km/h speed at finishing line.

_small.jpg?hash=3254

My picture... :lol:

Thanks for the comments fellas, I have been working on this one this weekend, and I've made some progress, I got the front brakes done, put the rack and pinion on, I've started the wiring and putting in the electronics. I've also got the enigne painted and will start on the plubming soon for that I'm trying to get the tranny finished up and in the car next, I still need to make the reverse linkage, thanks for looking and comments welcome.

028-2.jpg

029-3.jpg

030-3.jpg

031-2.jpg

021-2.jpg

Great Job Tyrone, I am sure this one will be no exception. I see your Ross Gibson Intake fits much better. Mine had issues with the Intake Runners not fitting right, it looked way off even after cleaning up the extra resin from the pour.

Oh and you gotta stop on the cars and finish up that 70 Chevy Pickup in the background... I wanna see that with an awesome NOS Ross Gibson engine as well!

Edited by eviltwincustoms

Bart mine was messed up also, I added some thin pieces of the styrene to the front intake runners to hide the gaps, I can never get those intakes to fit right either, next time I use one of these engine I think I'm gonna make my own intake runners...