Model Cars Magazine Forum

68 Camaro El General Pro Mod (updates 05/06/12)

tyrone

Nice bending job. Why did you choose chrome paint instead of stainless steel, as the 1:1 are?

Thanks Ted, chrome alclad was all I had, but I have seen them on cars either chrome or stainless, I'm still going to add some other colors to them though, thanks for looking in...

Sweet thanks Dave, going to my LHS when I get off work to get some more paint to try and make them look used like they have been on some 3 sec. 1/8th mile passes, lol... this is my first crack at doing this wish me luck guys, any tips are appreciated also, thanks for the pics too Dave.

Tyrone you want to get Alclad burnt iron and mist it onto the chrome, And may I suggest that you strip the headers and redo the chrome job first, If you want a really good lokking chrome finish. when you apply Alclad Chrome you first want to paint your part with the shinniest gloss black you can find. let that totally dry then just barely mist on at low pressure (11 lbs) one coat of Alclad chrome as soon as you see it start to look shinny stop spraying! The number one mistake people make with Alclad is over spraying. Once you have that done let it dry then spray the burnt Iron the same way but even lighter. this should give you the effect your going for and it should look very close to the headers in Dave's pic.

alright fellas,I went to my lhs when I got off work, and he did not have what I needed in alclad, so I got some burnt iron metalizer paint and airbrushed a list mist over them, after drying I took a tooth pick and dipped it in some jet exhaust paint and added some weld rings, I'm happy with them still need to add the sensors then I can mount them and put the engine in for good, thanks for looking and comments welcome...

012-5.jpg

009-7.jpg

013-4.jpg

008-8.jpg

006-7.jpg

Thanks Bart, they're a little on the dark side but for now I'm going to move on to adding the sensors and maybe I'll add a few other shades of color before I out them on for good.. if my lhs has some . we'll see....

Rom, thanks bro they could be a little better but we'll see..

Brett.. thanks bro.. glad you noticed. ;) .. I try to do something I have not done before on each build......

Edited by tyrone

Thanks fellas for the input, I appreciate it.. well after looking at those headers some more they were a little on the dark side so I sprayed them in chrome again and the misted some brass over them to kind of give them a little tint, I've added the sensors, and now the engine is in for good, I've also got the headers on for good, and made my cut outs for them done on the front end. Now I can start getting the body ready for paint more to come...

008-9.jpg

009-8.jpg

010-8.jpg

012-6.jpg

013-5.jpg

I found a paint scheme for you...

It's beyond my ability, but I bet there are people here who could do it without a problem.

Ted, I don't think I could pull that paint scheme off without screwing it up,...lol.. If you look on page 7 .. I'm going with the paint scheme like this one, nice and sunny here today... so when I get off work today I plan to get some paint on this one... thanks Ted...

I found a paint scheme for you...

It's beyond my ability, but I bet there are people here who could do it without a problem.

Now this is definitely a wild paint job.... I like bright and all... but this is a bit much even for me. The poor body lines seem to get lost in all those different paint lines within that layout.

Rom, Chris, and Bart thanks fellas....

Charlie... Thank You.. for such awesome products, and great service...

Alright fellas.. I got the first color on here, I'll let it get nice and dry and then move to the next phase,,, thanks for looking and comments welcome...

003-8.jpg

006-10.jpg

009-9.jpg

011-7.jpg

007-8.jpg