Model Cars Magazine Forum

68 Camaro El General Pro Mod (updates 05/06/12)

tyrone

thanks fellas... Joe it was 2 days.... a small update... I'm gonna mist on a little darker blue tomorrow and that should do it...

001-6.jpg

003-9.jpg

I've also been working on the wheels....

006-12.jpg

The black wheels, the chassis in general all looking great. My car will have green bottles!

Thanks fellas for all the kind words.... keeps the motivation going...

Bart, I started out using an airbrush, but I wanted to get the blue a little darker and I had some rattle can blue pearl leftover, which left a little textured look, should'nt be too hard to correct though... I'm ready to pull the tape off this tihng too....

thanks fellas.... alright the moment of truth... I carefully took the tape off and it pulled up the paint in a few spots...and a few spots will need some touch up... but a part of me is saying I can pull it off... once the black pin stripes are added and I clear it and wet sand a bit.... but a part of me is saying I should repaint it.... I need some opinions and advise...

008-12.jpg

009-10.jpg

Don't go through this much work to not be satisfied with what you have. If once you add the black pinstripes and can muster all the repairs and make it look good then go that route. If the touchup work is going to show then re-do it. I know you did a lot of work and it looks great from this persepctive but you don't want the finished piece to be only half as good.

I love the design and from what I can see it almost looks like you can fix it without having to re-do it.

Of course decals placed in exact spots can do wonders! None of us can really tell better than you. Touching up the edges is no different than sanding through the paint. Can you match the paint? I'd would use a larger brush with a good point and flow then hand paint the red to cover the white. Then overpaint them with the black? In fact if you know how to paint the black pin stripes, then you should easily be able to touch up the red before hand. If that is overspray on the front edge of the door, then it might be smarter to mask the little blue area,but before you hit it with red, using an airbrush to reestablish the sharp line, put on a 1/2 mist coat of white to kill the blue, then clean the airbrush and shoot the red over the area. It's alot easier to cover the white than a darker blue. Same with the scoop. How much clear can you put on it? How well will you be able to knock down the high stuff? What kind of paint is it?

Edited by jmpsebring