this 41 troka is "Green Harvest"

mods:

hinged and dog eared hood

opened/hinged cowl vent

scratch built and opened windshield

opened/hinged passenger door

balsa wood bed and rails

working headlights, parking lights, and tail light

running engine (fan turns when key is pressed)

scratch built accessories:

compass

traffic light finder

pipe/holder

Appleton spotlight handle

"red head" flashlight

AC fan

spinning handle steering wheel

"wrist buster" suicide knob

umbrella holder

safety star license plate topper

swamp cooler

b7193abb.jpg

381fae13.jpg

33aacd04.jpg

600b2a4b.jpg

f67adc59.jpg

Thank you for joining our community and for right away bringing us this type of amazing eye candy. I love the dark/light two-tone green paint job. It's a wonderful model.

And yes, WOW, if you got the fan to turn that in my book means the engine is running!

Welcome and I hope you stick around and share more of your work with us.

B):D:P:wacko: WOW. All I can say is WOW. That running engine is... I don't know good word for it-"Amazing" is not enough. And those working lights..! I can understand them in car, where is trunk where you can hide all of the electronic systems, but in Pick Up... :blink: I'm really amazed. ^_^

GOOD GOD! I posted this up before I hit the hay and wake up to this!

THANK YOU ALL FOR THE POSITIVE FEEDBACK!!!

@n8dogginz: the fan works due to a "pager vibrate" motor from Radioshack that I built into the shell of the straight 6.

1d36eca8.jpg

there's no outside controller, it's all contained in the model. there's a micro push switch mounted behind/in the dash with the ignition drilled out. I made a small "key" (metal rod flattened on one end) that fits in the hole in the dash, and when pushed it activates the switch.

f9b440ea.jpg

2386f19a.jpg

the power source for the lights and the motor is a 3.7 Li-Po that just (barely) fits under the seat. the light switch is located on the face of the seat base, driver's side.

ea509251.jpg

@Corvair Jim: you're right, there's a couple little things still to be done. hubcaps are one. I still need to make fender marker lights (I tried to make them out of fiber optics so they'd turn on with the rest of the lights, but it didn't work out, too tight of a bend), and a few more accessories. and I need to make another parking light lens for the driver's side (I made two, lost one).

@ everyone else: thank you so much for all the kind words. I will try to figure out how to do a vid soon.

Excellent work. As soon as my paint arrives, I can finish mine. Ran out with only one panel to go, the joys of learning.

I am going to show my ignorance, but what is that hanging on the outside of the window?

Thanks.

thanks for the comps and the warm welcome everyone! :D

the thing on the window is a swamp cooler. back in the day, that was top of the line AC. B)