Model Cars Magazine Forum

1970 Jungle Jim Camaro F/C

Pro Tech

Thanks guys, here's another small update. I finnished the rear wheel/tire assembly. I decided to remove the molded on lugnuts on the wheels and drilled them out to accept .025 Evergreen rod along with my PTMC 25 Hex Fittings for the lugnuts. I also added my PTMC 72 Tire Valve Stems then gave everything a light wash for that raced look. Thanks for looking.

JJwheels-lugnutsper-assembled.jpg

JJwheels-tiresassembled.jpg

Charlie

Pro Tech

protechmodelparts.com

Absolutely Great job with this Camaro FC. Interior looks very good to me, and I like those rear wheels and tires too. They look very realistic. These builds make me want to buy some Pro Tech Parts from the next Model Car Contest. B)

The wheels look great Charlie!, I've seen the lug/stud idea on your website & plan on using it myself, I'll be posting some pics very soon (maybe if I can later today). This is to Niko, go ahead & buy the parts from Charlie, while I don't have some of the things Charlie sells, I do have his Detail Wire, Seatbelts & Braided Line, they are excellent & not expensive, I highly recommend them.

• 1 month later...

Thamks guys, I finally got a little more done on this. The chassis is complete with engine and cockpit installed. I used one of the tanks as a water tank and scratcbuilt a pump. All the lines plumbed with my (Pro Tech) braid and fittings. Next, wheels and tires will be installed and onto some body work. Thanks for looking!

JJchassis5.jpg

JJchassis6.jpg

JJchassis7.jpg

JJchassis8.jpg

JJchassis9.jpg

JJchassis10.jpg

Charlie

Pro Tech

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This whole thing is coming out sweet! Too bad you don't make a good injector scoop yourself...I'm sure it would look way better than that stock kit hat. Man the front of that thing is grossly thick! But that's minor... Looking forward to seeing the decals on this body!!!