Model Cars Magazine Forum

'70 Chevelle SS396- "Faster"

Nick Winter

It's not perfect, it's not pretty but I'm happy with it.

It's a Curbside, not by my choosing, I happened to get this kit in a trade, missing all of the engine parts.

It was mostly built to try new techniques (the way I did the flocking), and new products (Window maker glue, there was a larger chip out of one corner of the windshield)

I'm happy with it, that's all I need.

Comments, welcome, the good, bad and ugly.

Nick

nose.jpg

3.jpg

1.jpg

GEDC1161.jpg

GEDC1162.jpg

Edited by Nick Winter

Thank Guys, Mike, yes the real cars had a semi gloss finish, Rob, I had no idea how to go about doing the rear bumper and knew that if I attempted to modify this one, It would end up as a stalled build, as I said multiple times, "It's not perfect, but I'm proud of it's result"

Eelco, I will Do a quick how to on my next project how I did the flocking.

Nick

Hey Nick,

You've really got something to be proud of here, every time you post the improvement in your skills is obvious, each one is just better than the one before, and, that's a good thing. This should have a proud place on your shelf, keep up the good work and thanks for posting.

Mike

Very nice !!!

Replace the Cragars with Rally wheels and you've got 'Wooderson's' 'Melba-Toast' Chevelle from the movie, 'Dazed and Confused.' Hey, it's a 'two-fer'!

Wasnt that one green...I had a history teacher that had a green one just like the one your talking about...acted alot like him too...kinda creepy now I think about it

Very nice !!!

Wasnt that one green...I had a history teacher that had a green one just like the one your talking about...acted alot like him too...kinda creepy now I think about it

Black my friend: http://www.loxlee-loves-engines.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/dazed-and-confused-woodys-chevy-chevelle-drive-by.jpg