Model Cars Magazine Forum

DW410NW

Psychographic

Very nice. Can't wait to see this done.

bobthehobbyguy

Thanks Bob. It's getting close. Some of the detail work is getting done and assembly has started.

I set the tires under a heat lamp to dry on one of the first paint attempts. I distorted the beadlock pretty bad. I sanded it down the best I could and added the bolt heads to both front and rear beadlocks.

PC170017.jpg

Attached the "bead" fittings and braided line to the calipers and wing cylinder.

PC180018.jpg

The engine is in.

PC180019.jpg

PC180020.jpg

Along with most of the rear suspension.

PC180021.jpg

PC180022.jpg

Man this thing is looking awesome with the paint on it, did you use alclad on those headers, they look real good, I've got a pro mod build I'm working on over in the drag car section, and I wish you could tell me how you got your collectors to blend on to the tubes, I love how they look.... any tips you are willing to offer??? keep up the great work, I like what you did to the tires also... <_<

Thanks guys.

The numbers,

The numbers are 22 karat gold.

First step after layout, putting on the Gold Size, it's basically a clear glue for the gold leaf.

PC180029.jpg

Once the size sets to the proper tack apply the gold., then brush off the excess gold. The gold should only stick where the size is, as I'm working with fresh enamels, they're grabbing the gold in spots. Hopefully I can pull it off with tape. I use a soft make up brush to remove the excess gold.

This is what you are left with.

PC180032.jpg

Now to give it the brilliance of reflections.

You spin the gold with velvet. I had to make a tiny spinner from some velvet and 1/8" rod.

What a difference.

PC190034.jpg

PC180031.jpg

You can see my spinner in this pic.

PC190035.jpg

The deadline for this build is the 31st. It's approaching fast, but then again, so is the progress.

It's very close to being done. At least stage one of this build. I would like to "Dirty it up" a bit, but don't feel comfortable trying it on this build. I'll practice and learn, thn come back and finish this up.

Where it stands right now.

PC200050.jpg

PC200049.jpg

PC200047.jpg

PC200051.jpg

Edited by Psychographic