Model Cars Magazine Forum

DW410NW

Psychographic

The paint is really turning this thing around, isn't it?

I have been busy painting, and not being a very organized person, tthe parts groups are getting confusing. Front suspension here, rear suspension there, parts for alclad here, parts to be aluminum there. I just know I'm going to lose something!

Supersonicus Idioticus ( a name stolen from the Roadrunner cartoon and used by a friend when he raced Micro Sprints) is done.

The visor is cut from a nail polish blister pack and held in place with two pins.

PC030507.jpg

PC030508.jpg

PC030509.jpg

He fits perfect, doesn't he?

PC030510.jpg

I stumbled onto this.....really glad I did. The tires are inspiring. I've wanted to do something (show cartoon motion) like this and have always stopped on the tires.....Now I have a glue how to do them....

I hope you throw some mud on this one. I'll be watching.

I stumbled onto this.....really glad I did. The tires are inspiring. I've wanted to do something (show cartoon motion) like this and have always stopped on the tires.....Now I have a glue how to do them....

I hope you throw some mud on this one. I'll be watching.

I have a tutorial on another site showing how I make tires. I don't know if links to other model sites is allowed.

As for the mud, it is in the plans, but also has me very scared, the model is coming along really well, I would hate to ruin it by screwing up the "dirtying it up" process. I guess it's time to research and practice.

I'm still amazed at what some paint can do.

PC050522.jpg

PC050523.jpg

This picture shows the idea of using the lettering on the tire to convey movement. After doing this set, I think I know how to improve on it. (I do have a glitch to fix, the hose on the AB caught, creating that blob of yellow where it should be fading to black,)

PC050524.jpg

PC050525.jpg

Beyond cool............that is all I can say...........

.....ohhhh..and what about that wild looking thing in the background that looks like a primered modern interpretation of the a-la cart

That's Ala Mode and it is an Ala Kart kit, I just modififed it a wee bit.

OK, so I got a little adventurous.

Muddy tires.

PC050526.jpg

Edited by Psychographic

• 2 weeks later...