Model Cars Magazine Forum

2011 International LoneStar

Here are few pics of my 2011 International LoneStar for Warren Transport. I managed to finish this up last night. The cab/sleeper & hood are Testors Boyd Grape Pearl, and the frame is Dupli-Color Gloss Black. I used the Warren Transport decals from the KFS US Cab Artwork Set #1, the DOT tape is from JBOT, and the Texas license plates are from the Revell of Germany Kenworth W900.

All in all, the build went well; but I must admit that the cab really gave me fits! I am quite pleased with the results.

01Roadside.jpg

02Front.jpg

03Rear.jpg

04Curbside.jpg

Here are a couple of shots of the engine & interior:

05MaxxForce15.jpg

06MaxxForce15.jpg

07Interior.jpg

Thanks! The issue with the cab wasn't all of the chrome, but with the fit of the interior into the cab shell. I dry fit the interior several times into the cab shell before I added the windows, and it was a tight fit, but manageable. Once the windows were in, the cab lost a lot of it's "flex" and the interior was quite difficult to get it. I actually had the interior disentergrate while I was trying to get it in. Needless to say, I was not a happy camper. Then, when I was adding the cab to the frame, I knocked off one of the front shocks. Not exactly sure how I did that, though. Once that happened, all of the little issues that are just part of modeling became huge stress issues.

In the end, I am happy with the results, and very happy with the kit. I'm actually looking forward to the ProStar.

Very nice looking truck, you did a great job, I had some of those same issues, and another issue I have had is the vent windows on the door, dont want to stay in. I agree the cab fit is very tight, but all in all its a great kit, and I want to get a few more and I too can not wait tell the prostar comes out

Excellent work, Jim! The paint is very even and shiny, and the decals look great, a refreshing change from the kit ones. To me, the interior is way over the top, as you pretty much can't even see it once installed. But it is a very well done kit, every element of the original has been replicated. Maybe some economies could be found in future issues, by reducing the parts count and eliminating 'excess' detail items. I guess there's a 'Learning Curve' for model makers too. You did a great job with it, and made something really unique!

Bob