Model Cars Magazine Forum

New to the forum

JDS Racing

There he is !!! Mr. Cardoza makes it to the forum !!! Joe Cardoza is a sort of God in the Slot Drag world !! He produces some very nice chassis, and styrene bodies. Top notch racing products, that are as cool as they are fast.

In fact, I think all of the bodies above are his creations. I use his Slingshot dragster chassis for my FED builds, as well as the body he pulls that fits it. I like the way he's cut off the front of the body on the FED he has above, I do that same thing on mine. I went further and cut off the tail section to create a "short" shorty body to make a Swamp Rat 13.

Joe.....some of the modelers here will most definitely be interested in your stainless tubing for the scratchbuilding they do. Especially for radius rods and steering/drag links.

It's always very nice when I look at the slot drag manufacturers and know that some are modelers as well as slot racers !!!

Welcome Joe !!! Still hopin you form some new FED bodies !!! That California Charger body works great, but I'd dig a non-tail section body !! :)

Thanks guys for the welcome, glad you like the cars. And as you read they are Slot Cars…..and yes I manufacture slot car parts. Thank you, BigDaddy for the kind words.

- 1320wayne, yes I did have a website. I’m updating it at this time. If you like to see more of my product you can go to www.bracket500.com

- Gregg, Well the Coupe Coupes and the FED are my newest Items. The chassis are laser cut out of spring steel. I first draw them out on CAD. All the wheels are machined aluminum. Some of the bodies are from model and resin kit, The I massage them so I can vacuum form the in Styrene. This year I’m going to do a lot more Nostalgia stuff….. Coupe Coupes… love those cars!!

-W409, yes the 57 Chevy and the 32 Roadsters are S/G cars. We race all classes from Brackets to the AA, T/F cars.

-gasser59, yes I pull my bodies in white styrene (0.040 thick). They usually end up at 0.030 pending on mold.

-BigDaddy, where do you race at? I’m glad you like my product. The new “Digger” Chassis will be out in January 2012. Also to fallow some more new bodies for it!!

Ok, this is for all you Modelers….. I’m thinking on starting to make parts for the 1/24 an 1/25 scale for you modelers. What would you like to see?? I’m sure front and rear rims…what else???

I would like to see some properly made wrinkle wall drag slick that shows the car at rest like the ones in these photos I attached....with small wrinkles extending from the center outwards closer to the bottom area of the tire. It bugs me when modelers put those wrinkled slicks on their models that show the car under hard launch. Those heavily wrinkled slicks with one way wrinkles are just so wrong for a car model sitting at rest with no driver inside..... Of course that's just my opinion as I like some accuracy in my models...others opinion's will vary.. ;)

Panella-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

DaleSuperHugger-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

2144735bigtireofadragster-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

Wrinklewallsatrest-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

Edited by Terry Sumner

Hey Joe........I race at Irvington Model Speedway in Omaha. Alongside Gary Gerding. We're just getting the drag racing going again after a LONG layoff. They've got a Baby King and an oval set up along side the 1/8th mile strip. They moved the whole deal to a building in Irvington, which is on the Northwest outskirts of Omaha. Pretty neat little set-up. If you're ever over this direction.......stop in........they're racing on Wednesday nites, and Sundays.

As for parts for modeling......that I will undoubtedly use on slot cars........definitely wheels, drag engine pulleys, injector stacks, BODIES...... also......photoetched front dragster wheels, Borani or Halibrand spokes. Depending on how deep you're diving in......we can always use resin parts. But, again......entirely on how deep you're willing to dive into the modeling side.

Awesome !! Looking forward to the new dragster and the new bodies !!!

thanks !!!

Just a couple of my cars that used your chassis and/or body.................

Roland Leong's Hawaiian ......with the 3010 Cal Charger body on my own stainless chassis.

hawaiian1.jpg

Tommy Ivo with your Slingshot chassis and another 3010 Cal Charger body

tommyivo2.jpg

This one was sort of my favorite.......3010 Cal Charger body cut down to a shorty, on a piano wire custom chassis.

warlockfeddragster014.jpg

warlockfeddragster005.jpg

Ive got 3 more that Im finishing up now. A Slingshot chassis with a 3010 body done up as the Jade Grenade. A Slingshot chassis with a 3010 body done up as Ramchargers. And a custom stainless chassis done up as Swamp Rat 13 with a cut down 3010 body. Pictures will be up when they're finished.

I also see you're using those 1320 diecast Hemi's also !!!! Those things make GREAT slot engines !!!