Model Cars Magazine Forum

Who's excited or is it just me?

To me with all the new re-releases coming out & the new kits being molded it feels like the golden age of model car building is coming back..I have not been this excited about kits in a long time. I can not WAIT to get my hands on the Myers Manx & Vantasy & the Tim Flock Hudson. Not to mention all the other cool stuff coming out. I feel like a kid again LOL

Am I the only one or is it that exciting?

Thanks Round 2 :)

Cheers

I'm constantly worried about the future of this hobby so yes, I'm very excited to see some new blood pumpin'. Even though I'm not running out to buy every one of these new kits as not every one of them interests me, it's still really nice to see and it sounds like everybody is diggin' on what's coming out (as far as quality, type of car, etc).

Yes,I'm excited as well.alot of the new re issue are of great interest to me.I have modeling friends here that dn't show or go to forms or groups they build for them on there own....there excited from what I tell them is coming out again...sho...yes!!!! lots excitement here.Thanks,Chris

I'm happy but my bank account is crying.Mabey if we had prices on kits like back in the 60's that would be nice.

Yeah that would be nice too, I have no money to buy more kits and to sell kits to buy new ones doesn't make financial sense either as you cant get the full price you paid for the kits your selling except if you do not intend to build them anytime soon that may make good sense but yeah im with you i remember the $2.95 a kit price but that is aging me now...................

I wont hold my breath waiting for a re-issue of the Ice Patrol Chevy 4x4, but if anyone at Revell is listening I have a birthday in 9 months. :)

I've always wondered why that Ice Patrol kit is so sought after. I have a couple of them and while they are a cool kit for the subject matter, the truck and snowmobile are not that detailed. The pickup is just a Revell Chevy stepside that has been issued several different ways. The snowmobile is unique to the kit though.

I've always wondered why that Ice Patrol kit is so sought after. I have a couple of them and while they are a cool kit for the subject matter, the truck and snowmobile are not that detailed. The pickup is just a Revell Chevy stepside that has been issued several different ways. The snowmobile is unique to the kit though.

I thought it came with a Datsun.

Mmmmm, I maybe rong.. Naaaa

For me the Ice Patrol is just one of those ultra cool kits from when I was a kid. I bought one when I was 10 or so and was the envy of all my buddies. I built it box stock and cherished it for a few months then I painted it red and gave it a suspension lift, then I painted it black, then it fell off a shelf and eventually died a horrible death as a pile of plastic at the bottom of my parts box....ahhhh nostalgia.

For me the Ice Patrol is just one of those ultra cool kits from when I was a kid. I bought one when I was 10 or so and was the envy of all my buddies. I built it box stock and cherished it for a few months then I painted it red and gave it a suspension lift, then I painted it black, then it fell off a shelf and eventually died a horrible death as a pile of plastic at the bottom of my parts box....ahhhh nostalgia.

LOL, I've had a few builds like that!

Don't worry it's just the circle of life. :lol:

We may not be getting a half-dozen all-new releases like in decades past, but all things considered, yeah, it is a pretty good time to be a car modeler. I have to say the first time I was ever actually excited for anything in the model car hobby was the arrival of the Moebius Hudson. Ditto the Lonestar. I'm feeling a bit of that same excitement for the upcoming Revell '57 Ford and '50 Olds. And now that AMT/MPC/PL are under the full ownership of Round 2, the future looks very bright indeed. Sure the market may be 'in decline' but it seems to be just as vibrant as it ever was, and growing more diverse all the time.

Lots of good stuff to look forward to in 2012...I'm looking forward to the Revell '10 Camaro, '50 Olds, '57 Ford, '62 Corvette, '77 Chevy van, '77 GMC pickup, AMT's Chevy and Ford vans, Gremlin, the Mobeius '55 Chrysler, etc...

Haven't heard much about new releases from Japanese companies for '12 other than the Fujimi Pantera which I'm looking forward to.

Edited by Rob Hall

Having grown up as a teenager with the lumps of plastic that passed as a model car 35 years ago, I was pleasantly surprised when Monogram brought out the '59 Eldorado and Impala. To me that was a big change in the hobby and I consider almost every new release since then to being part of the golden age. A few of the older reissues like the Manx is just a fantastic bonus. As for the ice patrol, i'd be more interested in that kit for the snowmobile.

Very excited! All the new tools especially...The two versions of the Hudson kit and the three versions of the 66 Batmobile were definitely highlights. The 76 Gremlin and the van kits are welcomed reissues. There has been so much to look forward to!

I have the Ice Patrol kit and only built the snowmobile all these years ago. I think I tried to fit the cab together and put the rest back in the box! I'd buy a couple of those if they were reissued, strictly for the snowmobile! Someone must have resin cast that snowmobile at some point?? Decals obviously would also be required. Anyone know if the snowmobile is available from the aftermarket??

I've also seen a couple of diecast snowmobiles and ATVs that are supposedly 1/32, but some look closer to 1/24-1/25.