Model Cars Magazine Forum

2012 POST APOCALYPSE/ZOMBIE HUNTER COMMUNITY BUILD

Dr. Cranky

I know I haven't been to sociable so far, been busy with work and fixing broken vehicles maintaining running vehicles. But I have got a little done on the engine for my truck.

SNC00213-vi.jpg

This was made from two castings taken of the cat inline six originally in the kit. Something along the lines of "there's no replacement for displacement" I now have the world's first cat 6812 v-12 engine. I've still got to finish plumbing the turbos to the intake. This thing is so big I actually have to widen the truck to make it fit, which is why I haven't been able to start the body yet.

And I don't remember if I mentioned this before or not, but there is some crazy stuff going on in this thread. I sit in awe at some of what I've seen.

if anyone checks my fotki (link in sig) I've posted a couple other vehicles I've built in the past that match the theme.

Small update, got the upper cannon temporarly mounted. Im leaning towards the mobile lab once the trailer is done so I want it to have some futuristic style weapons as well as field applied bits. They started with the truck and trailer at the government facility they worked at, stole and mounted some experimental weapons and then took off cross country. Along the way they added armor and other defense weapons as they came across them.

015.jpg

013.jpg

OK so did some prelim planning with the sketchup so it will be a little easier to scale things out and this is what I came up with. The truck is called "Laviathan" and the driver is Rhiannon. Her uniform will ptobably change to my original design I got. The pics may not be totally accurate engine wise because I just spliced to 6v71s together. It has two rotary cannons off an A10 worthog, 2 20mm chain guns from an Apache, dual ma duece .50 cals in the top turret and a set of M134 mini guns on the back turret. All weapons are remotely operated from the cab so there would be a need of a TC to run them. Directly behind the cab is the extra weapon and ammo storage and inside is a dual weapon rack between the seats and a rack against the back wall. And a Kawasaki 250 enduro for a quick getaway vehicle if need be. (yes I know the one I used is only a 125 :) ) It also has the railroad running gear from a larger RR repair truck for quicker movement around the territory.

B87GunTruckandRhi.jpg

B87GunTruckandRhi2.jpg

B87GunTruckandRhi3.jpg

B87GunTruckandRhi4.jpg

B87GunTruckandRhi5.jpg

B87GunTruckandRhi6.jpg

B87GunTruckandRhi8.jpg

B87GunTruckandRhi9.jpg

B87GunTruck12v71Detroit.jpg

Wife also suggested to use something to deploy caltrops behind the truck. The aircleaners, windshield,bumper and mirrors are from an MRAP. It will have a winch on the front (forgot that). Maybe a few more auxillary lights.

Original Rhi design:

100_2224.jpg

So now it is time to get to the fun stuff. Good lookin builds on here, keep it up. Good Luck all.

Edited by ARTEMIS1759

I'm finally making some slow progress on the utility body for the "Tenderizer". Lots more to do.

truck002.jpg

truck004.jpg

truck005.jpg

This is pretty good, and then you realize that those are monster truck tires and that is a semi truck cab, now its even better. I like the box and under cab/fender area. Almost like the repair truck for those backwoods logging/mining crews.

Here we go again! I bought the tractor at least a month ago, probably two. The Ford I bought the same day as the Henry J, in other words, on the day I got back into model building.

P1000921-vi.jpg

And inspired by Mad Max, obviously. Was gathering bits for this for a while too.

P1000919-vi.jpg

P1000920-vi.jpg

I will have to start scavenging the parts box for now because I will not have extra money unttil next month for the cab and chassis parts I need. Although I got a paystar that I am not a big fan of. It has an extended chassis so maybe I will start out with that. Anyone know of a Detroit 12v71 in 1:25th?

Edited by ARTEMIS1759

Here is some more inspiration:

This is a steam powered pete that would probably make a cool truck. It has steam train running gear:

SteamyPete4.jpg

http://s275.photobucket.com/albums/jj291/ARTEMIS1759/Art%20Work/#!cpZZ2QQtppZZ28

Don't forget our soldier's hillbilly armor and gun trucks.

http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;_ylt=AvoRSbPNY8gHoa_P4t8GgX.bvZx4?p=hillbilly+armor&toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8&fr=yfp-t-701

And then their was the Tonka Appocalypse trucks that I can not seem to find a pic of that will work.