Model Cars Magazine Forum

2012 POST APOCALYPSE/ZOMBIE HUNTER COMMUNITY BUILD

Dr. Cranky

I'm done on this one ... the gun is in place but it fought me to the end. I finally cut the air cooling hose as it was too stiff in kept breaking the glue bond. All in all the look of the gun pleases me, so that's all that matters. :)

Here's a few final shots and more will be in the Under Glass shots as this is my first completion in 20 years! :)

FinalMouseRodDSC_0725.jpg

I just love the juxtaposing symmetries and asymmetries ... and the GUN. YEAH!

JmBpt.jpg

Randall that gun is so awesome! If I get the time I'm going to make one just like it and you will just have to say to your self "Well ... imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."

Edited by kimbogum

Randall that gun is so awesome! If I get the time I'm going to make one just like it and you will just have to say to your self "Well ... imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."

Thanks, Justin! I definitely flattered some people building it! ;) It's only a skeleton of what it's going to be: I need to add on assorted wires, hoses, an ammo belt, and I'm imagining the controls for it being mounted on the steering wheel or dash.

Here are a few more small updates.

I added the brackets for some small tools that are mounted on the sides. These will eventually be weathered to blend in with everything else. Next is the ammo belt being fed into the gun. I stretched a piece of electrical tape out on the workbench, upside down and taped down each end to hold it in place then cut small pieces of styrene rod along the tape and when I had enough length glued the belt in to place.

The final update was to create the ladder to the turret opening. I also added the antenna. All of these items will be weathered to blend them in as well.

DSC00481-vi.jpg

DSC00482-vi.jpg

DSC00483-vi.jpg

plz tell me where you got those rims, I have a set of the same tires that I intend to put on an F350 dually, but no rims to use for them, and I think those rims would be perfect, and by the way, really sweet work on the rig, I wouldn't wanna be in front of it without my rig

Guess I'm kinda late to the party but might as well give it a try, I've never made a post-apocalyptic vehicle so it should be interesting. I will be using the leftover Corvette body from my '57 Nomad build. Not sure of the end results, but it will be fast and dangerous. I probably won't start the build for a few weeks while I gather parts and get an idea in my head.

This one is nearing completion. I was able to add more to the weathering, including added rust to the turret area and the ladder and blood stains on the plow where there have been plenty of run-ins with zombie targets. The ammo belt has been painted along with the hatch. Still just a few more small details to complete and this one is done.

DSC00484-vi.jpg

DSC00485-vi.jpg

DSC00486-vi.jpg

DSC00487-vi.jpg

DSC00488-vi.jpg

DSC00489-vi.jpg

DSC00490-vi.jpg

Edited by 1320wayne

The trading vehicle has some new add-ons!

yU2l9.jpg

I made a ladder rack (with a couple of ladders) out of angled styrene and "2x4's." The "bolts" are hex rod. The ladders are an Evergreen ladder kit for a different scale that I made to be a little closer to 1/25.

gDwHi.jpg

I added some chain to the tailgate. In the bed are the painted sawn-off shotgun and shells and some flexible hose.

0W9QB.jpg

The flexible hose will go from the carburetor to the new air intake through the side of the engine compartment.

JhCOj.jpg

This much fun should be against the law! :D

Well okay, since I am still new here I will attempt to post my pics of the truck I am working for this build. I am huge fan of zombies, (rather killing zombies that is) so I figured why take a stab at this. I started with a '77 GMC Wrecker Truck Model by Revell (name of project to be determined),I wanted a truck that could easily run in the case of an EMP so no electronic ignition systems.(yeah I know a little over the top with the thnking aspect) The plans for the truck is to keep the wrecker boom, build a cage for the flatbed and of course add weapons of various degree!!

Anyway below are the pics of the begining of the build nto much to talk about right now except the chasis seems to be pretty decent. More to come later.

Edited by Shadowsabre71

Hey guys I need a little help here. I'm gathering parts for the build and can't find a very important part. I see that most of you are using a mesh or screen material for the windows. I went to Hobby Lobby and Menards but nobody knew where I could find that material. Where do you guys get it from?

Hey guys I need a little help here. I'm gathering parts for the build and can't find a very important part. I see that most of you are using a mesh or screen material for the windows. I went to Hobby Lobby and Menards but nobody knew where I could find that material. Where do you guys get it from?

I'm just going to use regular screen. Find a hardware that will sell it to you by the foot (or see if you can get some scraps).

I started gathering parts and doing mock-ups today. I will be turning the back into a sort of covered pickup deal for extra storage. It will be powered and driven with '57 Nomad engine and suspension, slightly lifted for offroad use( and running over zombies :D). It will be armed to the teeth with machine guns, rockets, and bombs. This should be fun.

Mock-up:

100_1252.jpg

Some weapons and armor (just a small example):

100_1254.jpg

100_1255.jpg

100_1256.jpg