Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lindberg Dodge Challenger

imatt88

Basic is being kind to it. It was originally a Palmer tooling and if you know anything about Palmer, thats all you need to know. The body is ok, although the Shaker hood scoop is all wrong. I bought one hoping to use a AMT Challenger to kitbash the rest.....never have bothered doing anything with it though.

Originally was a Palmer '71Challenger that oddly enough, was more a knock off of the MPC than a typical Palmer kit

The "update" to later model was poorly done and the stock hood was replaced

The overall shape isn't too bad- grille, taillights and fender louvers are very wrong. The interior is a lot like the MPC- has the non rallye A/C dash

Probably could be best built backdating to the '71- there is a twin scoop rallye hood available in resin

Edited by ChrisPflug

Palmer did another Challenger, too- it had a multipiece body and was motorized. "Big Drag" or some name like that.

Like it's been said- the body is okay in this kit- I've got one somewhere on an AMT Yankee Challenge floorpan. That would be the best way to really make something of this kit- the chassis it comes with is too narrow, and lacks detail.

I have the kit in my stash and looking at the parts it's obvious it's an older tooling. The parts are kinda ok, but I've seen (much) better ;) Overall it's worth getting and putting together for two reasons:

- It's a legendary car

- It's a simple kit you can finish (OOB-style) within a few days and she'll probably make your display cabinet look sexier ;)

Palmer did another Challenger, too- it had a multipiece body and was motorized. "Big Drag" or some name like that. Like it's been said- the body is okay in this kit- I've got one somewhere on an AMT Yankee Challenge floorpan. That would be the best way to really make something of this kit- the chassis it comes with is too narrow, and lacks detail.

"Big Drag" could pretty much sum up any Palmer based kit. :lol: