Model Cars Magazine Forum

Baby Girl's first W.I.P.

My 10yr old daughter is one of the reasons I got back into the hobby....after the divorce Baby Girl n I was cleaning out the house after her mom moved out(Baby Girl lives with me) and we came across some of my built and un-built kits that been packed away for years and she asked at least a million questions about them and why I quit....long story short,she wanted to try she said and always had been a fan of semi's...so what would be more fitting for her first kit...so here is Bev's first W.I.P.

015.jpg

014.jpg

016.jpg

018.jpg

019.jpg

What a great way for Dad and daughter to spend time together! Keep her building and she won't even notice boys in a couple of years and your life will be much easier! LOL!

I bet it won't be long until she is asking you for one of those Mobeius Lone Stars to build! :D

The smile on her face say's it all, and it is a great way for Dad and his little lady to spend quality time doing this they both like,the trips to the hobby shop are more expensive from this time forward :D

My daughter was 5 when she started, I can never get over the purple frame pink cab and orange interior of her first T600 snap kit, but she loves it, she is now 8 and doing a Pete 359, which is a bit hard for her,

mind you I used the 3406 in Cat excavator, she has had a lot of help with this one, but is getting there, one thing I made sure of when she was spray paint was safety, mask, glasses etc while she used the rattle can "pink"

Maybe there should be a kids section, so all us proud father's can show off

What a great way for Dad and daughter to spend time together! Keep her building and she won't even notice boys in a couple of years and your life will be much easier! LOL!

I bet it won't be long until she is asking you for one of those Mobeius Lone Stars to build! :D

Don't even wanna think about "Boy Daze" <_< ....The good thing,she has always been a Lil' Motorhead ^_^

She is so cute!

Awwwww Thanks !!! :)

This is cool, you can tell the weather is keeping us inside in NE ohio !

....Yeah no doubt.....rain one day,4ft of snow the next,then 60 degrees the next,then back to 12 degrees........Ahhhh it just makes us a lil tougher B)

Thanks for all the encouraging comment for Bev,she is so tickled to see the comments made about her work and she can't wait to work on it some more,but she has been very busy the past few days with her bowling,will post more as she gets more done......heck shes already talking about her next build :D

Edited by Badluck 13

Well done Mike! Good job Bev. It always pleasure to see young generation coming into our hobby. Especially - girl.

Good luck Bev! Keep asking and we'll try to answer and help with your built.

And remember: EVERY man (woman) can build EVERITHING as beautiful as he (she) wish. It just take your pation and time.

P.S. And Bev, make shure you have enough light on your work bench. Safe your eyes. I'm serious.

Edited by Sergey