Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ford F350 Lawn Service Truck

FORDF350LAWNTRUCKBED.jpgFORDF350LAWNTRUCKTRAILERLEFT.jpg

FORDF350LAWNTRUCK.jpg

FORDF350LAWNTRUCKTRAILERRIGHT.jpg

This is a Ford F350 Duallie I made about 13 years ago as a Lawn Service truck and trailer. The trailer is from a boat trailer with balsa wood sides. The weed whacker, hedge trimmer, wheelbarrow, spreader and lawn mower, rake and some tools are scratchbuilt and the other tools & stuff are pieces of dollhouse and military kit pieces. The stuff in the pickup bed is train grass rocks & pcs. of sticks and pieces of plastic bags stuffed with cotton.

Thanks guys. I really had a lot of fun building the Coffee Truck and the Lawn Service Truck. Once I started adding details I sort of got carried away... I haven't built a truck in about 10 years now and I'm gettin the itch to build another one. I usually like to build Street Rods and Customs. I've got a couple of pickup trucks in my "to build" stash or pile and I just have to decide what & how to build it.

Yes I think it was the Gone Fishing kit. I don't remember what I did with the boat, it was so long ago.

Yeah Tom, I'm thinking of some sort of Road Service Truck because I have some Shop Diorama equipment that would work well on a vehicle like that. I'm sort of "in the modeling doldrums" again. The Custom project I was working on went into the paint stripper more times than I have patience for anymore and it is "back in the box". I'm waiting for some idea to GRAB ME that will hold my attention and get the inspirational juices flowing...

FORDF350LAWNTRUCKTRAILERRIGHT.jpg

FORDF350LAWNTRUCKTRAILERINTERIOR.jpg

Here are 2 more pictures of the trailer. One of the other side and one showing the inside. The lawn moweer, spreader, wheelbarrow, leaf blower & weed whacker are all scratchbuilt items. The rest of the stuff in there is dollhouse items. The ladder & some of the tools are from military field tools and also dollhouse stuff. This was a fun and time consuming project... aren't they all...???

oh...i hope, you dont get trouble with the cops, if all the stuff "hang around" at the outside of the trailer?

I wish, i can get all the stuff here...thats cool. More i look on the pictures, more to see new things. Like it!

also i like the F350 too - one of my favorite pickups. a real "mans toy"

• 2 weeks later...