Model Cars Magazine Forum

What are your biggest distractions?

So when it comes to my building sessions I usually just keep my head down and work on stuff.

Until my brother knocks on my door and wants to conversate about nothing.

So that's my biggest distraction, what about yours?

Also how do you overcome them? I'm in the process of getting my own place, which is how I am going to overcome mine (there's more to me wanting my own place than him being a nuisance though)

Edited by wgflatliner

My building time is mostly at night when the kids are tucked in and I've got nothing to do. Its a lot easier when int dark and cold out, other wise that time may be spent in the garage on something full scale. When I do have the time to build, its pretty easy to stay on task. I do distract myself with thiinking of other ideas to do when I'm working on something though...

I have never really had any distractions when building. Its more difficult to get enough time to build. I've lost count of all the half finished kit's that I have. I need a full weekend to finish the final steps (foiling, final assembly, etc) of about ten different kits.

I find it easier to sit here on the 'puter seeing what everyone else is doing than actually getting my butt down the hall to the workbench. When I do get there, I usually have a great time and get stuff done.

Like others have said, the usual things like life, work and house projects keep me from getting more done.

Yeah , Doc !

It would be mine too ... Seems that Kathie has no sense of humor when it comes to that ! Lol!

I quit working at the shop at my house , my ex's feline fleabag decided that she was Super Cat one morning . She leapt from the sunporch window sill intending to land on the work table .

Instead , her front paws hooked into one of the traveling boxes , thereby launching 5 of my show cars 4 ft up in the air which then came crashing down onto the table !

Needless to say , I wanted to take out all of her nine lives at one time !

I have never really had any distractions when building. Its more difficult to get enough time to build. I've lost count of all the half finished kit's that I have. I need a full weekend to finish the final steps (foiling, final assembly, etc) of about ten different kits.

You are lucky to have them half way!! I just never have time I put in about 115 hrs a week so there is little time to work on a model.

But that is the price of owning your own business so I really can't complain.