Model Cars Magazine Forum

1968 Firebird 400 Ram Air Inspired Build.

Shelbytona

I've got another 70's build done, from my dad's photo album. This was a fun build and my first attempt at weathering. (I've got lots of other pics of the progress over in "on the workbench" I'll get some better outdoor pics this weekend. with my lighting in the house and my camera i couldn't get the best quality pics.. especially interior pics.

1:1

7f27c6a1.jpg

And now the 1:25th version..

9b2ef8e0.jpg

5588b14e.jpg

9c136f50.jpg

ce4b4661.jpg

add8e19d.jpg

Its amazing how you can replicate cars so accuratley! , I cant wait to see the next 70's style build!

Thanks! i picked up a vantasy chevy van and i'm thinking about doing it next... pretty much box stock and 70's style of coarse! something with some metal flake and use the awesome decals from the kit.

first time weathering ?

you should really let us know how you achieved this effect

my only criticism...should have gone with wider rear wheels ;)

yeah, it was my first time doing the weathering, i'm pretty happy with the outcome. I used testers rust enamel (dry brushed) really thinned tamiya flat black acrylic to dull it and tone it down (especially on the motor) and then the tamiya weathering on top to give it a dirty look.

haha they look pretty close to the picture. just the tires are a bit taller, but it looks close enough to me! oh does anyone know what kits come with tire decals?

Edited by Shelbytona

This turned out great. I like that yellow paint with vinyl top, it just looks cool. Great wheels and tires too. Engine detailing is spectacular also, thanks for sharing this build. You've inspired me to build another 70's style build...

Thanks guys for the compliments. The rims are from the revell 64 ford fairlane kit. the front tires are from the firebird kit. The rear tires are from the revell 32 ford (thanks double d) The paint was intentionally done in a semi gloss to give it on older daily driver look, :D

Edited by Shelbytona