Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

New guy... Just say'n Hi!

OK .....So, My name is Ed and I live in New England. Been modeling most of my life. Took time off to sow some wild oats of course, But been going strong ever since. Here's a couple of pic's of my most recent build. I'll post more of these in the "Under glass" thread. Still learning my way 'round the forum so bear with me.

Regards,

Ed

012-1.jpg

018-1.jpg

Edited by scalemodeler

Welcome Ed. You'll find a wealth of knowledge and experience here. That Vicky is sweet...one of my all time favorite kits. I have a couple of the first issues in my stash...just for old time's sake! Btw, where in New England? I'm in Eastern Conn.

Hey Terry

Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm a bit north of you. On Massachusetts's North Shore :)

Hi, Ed, and greetings from Marlborough.

As the Secretary of MassCar, please allow me to extend to you an open invitation to our meetings in Dedham, on the second Saturday and/or the third Wednesday of the month. Please see www.masscar.com for more information.

I also invite you to venture with us to the gateway of the South Coast and join us March 18 for our show in Taunton, located at the Holiday Inn, located at Exit 9 (Bay St.,) off of 495.

Welcome ED! I hope you get a better welcoming than I did anywya thats a great Vicky you post.

I like the neat bare metal trim around the front glass. Are those header real metal they look supper.

Somewhere here I read someone was wanting decals for a 32 Vicky I see you didn't use them maybe you could donate them.

Hi, Ed, and greetings from Marlborough.

As the Secretary of MassCar, please allow me to extend to you an open invitation to our meetings in Dedham, on the second Saturday and/or the third Wednesday of the month. Please see www.masscar.com for more information.

I also invite you to venture with us to the gateway of the South Coast and join us March 18 for our show in Taunton, located at the Holiday Inn, located at Exit 9 (Bay St.,) off of 495.

Charlie,

Thanks so much for the invite! Actually I am aware of your club and fine show! Absolutely the best run event of it's kind in the area! Attended a few many years ago. I was a member of the Classic Plastic club for a while. About ten years ago I co-founded the North Shore Scale Modelers Club here in Peabody and have been busy with it ever since!

Welcome ED! I hope you get a better welcoming than I did anywya thats a great Vicky you post.

I like the neat bare metal trim around the front glass. Are those header real metal they look supper.

Somewhere here I read someone was wanting decals for a 32 Vicky I see you didn't use them maybe you could donate them.

Thanks Jethro, The windshild trim is the kit's chrome, kinda cool. The headers were stripped of chrome, cleaned up... a lot! And I applied Alclad to them. Came out pretty good I think. OH, BTW Thanks for the Welcome to the foums And Same to you guy enjoy!

Regards,

Ed

I thought your name looked familiar, Ed. I used to belong to CPMC, too.

I'm usually too busy to worry about the market-place. And too broke, so I'm right there with you. That said, the seminars are great and as you well know, the people make it all worthwhile.

I hope to see you there. Please be sure to (re)introduce yourself.

Charlie Larkin